Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 13' Winter
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Pad
    Suspension
    Straps n Whoopies
    If you wanna carry another tarp, then do it! No rules against such things. Heck, I had a good friend who hiked the entire CDT with a waxed canvas Frost River pack and had a successful blast. I carry just such a silpoly tarp on both my day hikes and on most of my backpacking trips. If I recall, it’s 9’x7’. In both cases it makes for a quick pitch to duck out of the rain/wind/etc. I also like it for having another spot to hang under if it’s raining in camp, as my bridge hammock takes up more room than a gathered end, limiting space under my main tarp.

DD Hammocks makes tarps with lots of attachment points! I got one for myself in the 4m x 4m size. I'm not a hammock camper. I just always liked tarps for camping and came here to get educated about tarps. I like the square shape of he DD Hammocks tarps and I like having so many attachment points for secure versatile set-ups.

DD Hammocks - All Tarps
    Last edited by ksing44; 11-20-2020 at 17:52.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    From time to time I use a separate tarp. My old Kelty 9 ft tarp served the purpose here.

20200501_171610.jpg

Hammock
    Wide Chameleon
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by BillC523 View Post

I did two short backpacking trips in the Pisga national forest with a group of men from my church three years ago, loaned one of them all his gear, he had never packed before, I did everything setting up for him. The second trip my hammock ripped as I got into it. It was raining cats and dogs about dark after we had eaten. I finished guying his tarp and mine was not guyed on either side, gear was on a poly floor runner next to the hammock. He never wanted to hang close to the others, conversation bothered him, we had to remove some stubble before hanging hammocks, he had a pair of clipper clipping small growth away where we were setting up. Told him it had to be cut off under ground level. Well evidently he didn’t listen. My hammock tore to the ground when I got in. I slept on my backpack that night. He had one end of my hammock, I the other, he let it drag the ground before I could lift it up. So , I have the newest Blackbird now.
    I do admire your patience. Sounds like a frustrating experience although I do hope the other camper appreciated the learning experience.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12