Anybody experience with dyneema tarp durability? The first time I pitched it was over a JRJ Bear Mtn bridge. The first time I stood up out the bridge hammock, I apparently pushed the spreader bar back, and it poked right through the dyneema. Made an L-shaped tear maybe 16” x 8”. It was user error, of course, but HG folks were great. They repaired it with a large patch quickly at no charge. Can’t ask for better support. Changed to a Chameleon. Solved the spreader bar problem.

Last weekend, I tried to pick a site with no dead limbs. However, in a strong wind, a small (18” long?) limb blew onto the tarp, and a little protrusion on the limb made a hole in the dyneema about the diameter of a pencil eraser. Fixed that with the dyneema repair tape. The following morning I noticed a 2nd, smaller hole on the opposite side of the tarp. Taped that later on when the tarp was dry. So, for the folks with dyneema tarps, is this small hole-tape-small hole-tape scenario fairly common? I’m wondering if my 10 oz. tarp will end up with enough repair tape it will weigh 20 oz.