Thread: Hello from CO!

Hello from CO!

Hello from Colorado! I’m from southern Denver and am new to the forum and wanted to say hi! I have been following hammocking camping for a few years and have gone a few times myself and I love it. I have a DIY double layer gathered end (because I’m cheap &#128540 I was wondering if anyone could give some info on the different brands. There is a million companies that all make what seems to be some high quality gear but it all seems the same. Is there really a huge difference between war bonnet and hammock gear? I see the difference between a bridge hammock or a gathered end or some of the exotic hammocks like amok. I am pretty new to this and feel pretty ignorant but am not sure how to get a better understanding without spending a couple thousand to see the differences.

I have probably watched way too much YouTube and have too many ideas floating around in my head without any real experience to see what is real and what is hype.

Thanks all

Hammock
    Half-Wit/Dangerbird, Darien..
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Woopie Sling
    Welcome to the crazy world of hammocks... All I can say is watch some of Shug's video's.,.,. I just bought a Darien from Dream Hammocks and I love it...

hqdefault.jpg

Hammock
    bit.ly/2m61xEz
    Tarp
    bit.ly/2mZLRIw
    Insulation
    bit.ly/2pZjkEn
    Suspension
    bit.ly/2LY6heV
    Warbonnet's Blackbird / XLC has three innovations that differentiate (and IMO, elevate) them vs. other jungle-style hammocks: the footbox, the shelf, and the structured top cover. AFAIK, you can't find these features on other hammocks because Warbonnet has them patented.

I recommend watching all the videos on Warbonnet's YouTube channel.
    Last edited by blackmagic; 11-15-2020 at 12:32.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Hello from CO!

A good way to see what you will like to have is to go to at least two local group hammock hangs.
    Talk to as many hammock campers as you can and ask to try out their hammocks.
    There are more than a few top quality, experienced hammock manufacturers or cottage vendors here on Hammock Forums.
    Ultimately, the choices are yours and are as unique as you are.
    Maybe ask some at a Hang if you can get in their hammock to see if it’s is comfortable for you.

I prefer a simple single layer gathered end hammock that is 12x6 This is not for everybody, possibly requiring a longer tarp, and larger pack?
    I find the 12x6 to be very comfortable, with a larger sweet spot, that is comfortable in a wide range of positions and distances from the end.
    Little or no calfridge pressure CRP

At a minimum, I recommend 11x5 single layer gathered end hammock. Maybe a 1.6 Hexon,
    Or a 1.7 Mountain (can’t remember rest of name of fabric) your vendor can recommend good fabrics. I would avoid the lightest weight fabrics, because they tend to stretch more than mid weight fabrics and also are less durable depending on your body weight.

If I got paid to tell lies
    It just wouldn’t be as much fun...

• + New Posts