Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgl01 View Post
    Im brand new to hammock camping. I have a continuous ridgeline with dutch wasp to use with my tarp. And im leaning towards the HG 11" sil poly hex tarp just to start out with Because its a good price and then see where i go from there. Im also thinking about getting an UQ from them as well.
    I don't know the details for sure, but I believe there is a sale coming from HG. You could email:

Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

and ask if he has any info on upcoming sales. He is member Grisnakh on the forum here if you want to send him a PM.

There's some mention of it in this post, if you follow the link.

Hammock
    Little Shop of Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Suspension
    J Bend
    Unpopular opinion here:

If it’s one of your first “learner” tarp, perhaps buy a super budget hex one from an outlet shop like ENO or Kammock or the like. You can often get them super cheap (like $50).

In fact I think someone is selling an amok tarp in the sale forum for $70 shipped.

There’s also sometimes cheap tarps on kijiji like this $40 Canadian (about $30 USD) 12’10” hex tarp. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camp...arp/1528723297

If it is for a beginner, go cheaper. Practice different pitches, and that will give you an idea of what you like and what you want to change for your next tarp configuration (because there is ALWAYS a next tarp).

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I'm with KingMob. I like to go cheap & play/experiment. After around 10 years, some of my favorite tarps are $20 $30 & still good to go. If you like to research & surf you can find decent deals. I've bought a couple new HH Hex tarps @ 19.95 each with free shipping. If your toating it, (I don't hike. I motorcycle camp) once you figure out what you prefer, then pay the xtra & get something light. 2¢

Hammock
    Kitsapcowboy 11
    Tarp
    HG Journey12
    Insulation
    Gemini
    Suspension
    MSHitch->Whoopie
    I'm almost in the same situation as you, I've taken the advice from everyone here to buy a cheap one to experiment with and go from there. At first I had a blue one from Lowe's and then bought a small catcut from a newish cottage vendor out west that has enough features that I don't like so now I know what I do like!!! I JUST got off the phone with Harry from Hammock Gear and he was wonderful as I flip-flopped around on what I want and I've settled on the journey (12' with doors) and can't wait for it to get here. HG customer service really is as great as everyone says it is. I'm hopeful this tarp will be just what I need for east coast hanging where we get SO MUCH rain!

I like the simplicity of a hex tarp. IMHO, no matter how many tarps you end up owning, it's nice to have one. The WB tarps with the beaks add a bit of extra protection. Worth considering. The doored tarps will handle pretty much anything and may well be something you want to have. I'd start with something more basic and go from there. It's only money!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ- HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I don't know the details for sure, but I believe there is a sale coming from HG. You could email:

Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

and ask if he has any info on upcoming sales. He is member Grisnakh on the forum here if you want to send him a PM.

There's some mention of it in this post, if you follow the link.
    Awesome Thanks for the info

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ- HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
    Unpopular opinion here:

If it’s one of your first “learner” tarp, perhaps buy a super budget hex one from an outlet shop like ENO or Kammock or the like. You can often get them super cheap (like $50).

In fact I think someone is selling an amok tarp in the sale forum for $70 shipped.

There’s also sometimes cheap tarps on kijiji like this $40 Canadian (about $30 USD) 12’10” hex tarp. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camp...arp/1528723297

If it is for a beginner, go cheaper. Practice different pitches, and that will give you an idea of what you like and what you want to change for your next tarp configuration (because there is ALWAYS a next tarp).
    I will divinity look into this but I'm kind of the type to want to buy once cry once. But thanks for the help

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ- HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    I'm with KingMob. I like to go cheap & play/experiment. After around 10 years, some of my favorite tarps are $20 $30 & still good to go. If you like to research & surf you can find decent deals. I've bought a couple new HH Hex tarps @ 19.95 each with free shipping. If your toating it, (I don't hike. I motorcycle camp) once you figure out what you prefer, then pay the xtra & get something light. 2¢
    What company Is HH?

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Hennessy, makers of cognac and hammocks.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ- HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by EWest View Post
    I'm almost in the same situation as you, I've taken the advice from everyone here to buy a cheap one to experiment with and go from there. At first I had a blue one from Lowe's and then bought a small catcut from a newish cottage vendor out west that has enough features that I don't like so now I know what I do like!!! I JUST got off the phone with Harry from Hammock Gear and he was wonderful as I flip-flopped around on what I want and I've settled on the journey (12' with doors) and can't wait for it to get here. HG customer service really is as great as everyone says it is. I'm hopeful this tarp will be just what I need for east coast hanging where we get SO MUCH rain!
    Hammock gear at this point is at the top of my list as of now. I'm deciding on doors or no doors so i might have to give them a call at some point here to talk it over. Thanks

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast