UQP shipping to Belgium

I've been looking for quite some time to get an uqp, occasionally posting in the WTB thread but no luck so far. I went to the website just to see how much a new one would cost me and holy smokes $174 shipping included. It's about $48 for shipping.With import taxes and fees it'll cost ma about as much as I paid for my hammock.
    Is there anyway I could just buy the zippers?
    I went to some local shops before Corona hit us but none of them have these kind of zippers and now I find it kinda irresponsible to go to other cities to ask around.
    I wouldn't mind buying from WB themselves but shipping + import taxes + fees are killing me.
    I always have to pay about 20 euro fees AND 21% import taxes. Also taxes are calculated with the fees included. So if an item costs $140 I pay 21% taxes on 160 euro. It's like the maffia those guys.
    So anybody knows what zipper to look for and where I can get them.

Edit: numbers weren't correct.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    I'm a bit confused here. I have an UQP but it does not have zippers. It's basically just a piece of fabric with hooks on the ends to connect to the hammock suspension and shock cord running in the hem so it can be cinched up a bit. You may want to think about the MYOG route as I've heard they are not too difficult to make if you have any sewing skill.

Warbonnet has the uqp that you can zip to the bugnet or top cover. It's what they call the chinook. It protects not only the insulating part but the whole underside of the hammock. I like the idea as it offers perfect protection against fog and dew when combined with the top cover.
    I had few times my hammock and under quilt where moist from heavy fog/dew. It's only the outside but I don't want to stuf moist sleeping gear in my backpack.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    You will not find the zippers anywhere as they are specially made for Warbonnet. I feel your pain with regards to import taxes, however, that's simply the VAT that you pay on everything you buy in Belgium. Shipping has become expensive, though, since Warbonnet only ships with UPS anymore. On the upside: shipping only takes about a week, and UPS will collect the taxes.

You could also order a cheaper 2QZQ UQP. I'm still using mine with my short Blackbird, and it's lighter and gets the job done.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    Custom WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    Webbing Buckles
    I`ve had Warbonnet and 2QZQ stuff shipped to the UK, the import fees and admin fees levied by the UK postal service where eyewatering, my 1st order a 2QZQ UQP somehow ducked under the radar and avoided any surcharges and was delivered by the postal service, but a 2nd order from them for a couple of peak bags got picked up on the radar.
    As for the cost of shipping by Warbonnet that can be softened by the discounts given by Warbonnet during Labor day and black Friday sales. My 1st Warbonnet order shipped by USPS during the early days of the Pandemic, took a rather long obtuse route to get here, via San Francisco & Japan where it spent 10 days bouncing between 2 different airports, before finally being flown to London. A later order from WB was shipped via UPS and arrived here in less than 1 week

I understand the taxes etc but the high shipping costs and admin fees (+paying taxes on the admin fees!) make the price ridiculious. I got into WB because of the possible upgrades that are possible later on and I really dig the thought of the chinook.
    I guess I'll just keep posting in the wtb thread in the hopes I can score one a bit cheaper.

Hammock
    90 degree Gamma Hammock
    Tarp
    Rab sil III
    Insulation
    exped synmat
    There is a dutch guy who can custom make one for you.
    I think his brandname is Brousse. If I recall correctly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC U11 met Tapatalk

• + New Posts