Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    I have a single layer RR and a 20* HG Incubator for my gathered ends. I tried to make it work, but could never get rid of the gap underneath with the HG (cold back). Purchased a new to me Lynx and it truly fits like a glove.

Hammock
    DIY WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HG20* Inc., MH Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by TnFrosty View Post
    I have a single layer RR and a 20* HG Incubator for my gathered ends. I tried to make it work, but could never get rid of the gap underneath with the HG (cold back). Purchased a new to me Lynx and it truly fits like a glove.
    I'll definitely keep this in mind. I have a nice inflatable pad, so I'll work with that and my Incubator to see if I can make something comfortable. If not, I'll definitly drop the extra money on a built to fit underquilt.

I know when I first started with gathered end hammocks, I couldn't make pads work for me. my back always got sweaty, and my shoulders got cold. Even with double layer hammocks, getting the alignment right for my diagonal lay was a pain in the butt. When I finally upgraded to an underquilt it was like heaven. As I am getting older, I am finding my gathered ends just aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I tried a buddies jacks-r-better bridge hammock and fell asleep immediately, so I have high hopes for the ridge runner.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by TnFrosty View Post
    If ya haven’t tried yet, put a temporary ridge line over the bridge, then put shock cord over it down to the dloops on the incubator. That’s what they’re for and it snugs it up right tight to the bottom of a bridge hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HG20* Inc., MH Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Wow, so far so good. The incubator seems to fit better than I hoped.

20201113_170246.jpg

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    The gaps are going to be where the cat curve is on the sides of the RR. I clip the primary suspension of the Incubator to the buckles of the RR to snug it up to the hammock bottom and the secondary around the RR poles, but the key is to simply tie some shock cord to the UQ where the cat cut is, either over a ridgeline or simply lightly over your topquilt.this will pull the sides of the UQ tight to the cuts and no gaps. Hope this helps.

Hammock
    DIY WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HG20* Inc., MH Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by tramos55 View Post
    The gaps are going to be where the cat curve is on the sides of the RR. I clip the primary suspension of the Incubator to the buckles of the RR to snug it up to the hammock bottom and the secondary around the RR poles, but the key is to simply tie some shock cord to the UQ where the cat cut is, either over a ridgeline or simply lightly over your topquilt.this will pull the sides of the UQ tight to the cuts and no gaps. Hope this helps.
    Yep, I saw that. Even with the gaps I was getting good warmth from the quilt, but temps here were pretty warm so that's inconclusive. I have the suspension strung exactly as you describe, and I'll experiment with a ridge line.

I'm contemplating putting a structural ridge line on this guy, just like my gathered end hammocks.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    You'll love the Lynx when you get one 4 clips and done- no messing with all the cords for the GE UQ. Also, I installed a SRL in my RR for a hang time hook- easy if your RR came with the internal rings from WB. Just be aware that you can't have much weight on it- it sags a bit just with my phone.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    I found that to be true too with the hang time hook. Replace the bug net tieout with thicker shock cord with a lineloc and mittenhook and it’ll take the weight once you cinch it up a bit. Doesn’t stress the bugnet at all.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by tramos55 View Post
    I found that to be true too with the hang time hook. Replace the bug net tieout with thicker shock cord with a lineloc and mittenhook and it’ll take the weight once you cinch it up a bit. Doesn’t stress the bugnet at all.
    You're correct - did this when I first got my RR and it does help for sure.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    With the Lynx, remember, the logo patch is at the head end while the logo patch for the RidgeRunner and SpinDrift sock are at the foot end. You can also see a slight curve in the down tubes at the head end. I put red (Red at head) mini-carabiners at the head end so I don’t have to toss the Lynx around to find it.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast