WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Wooki, DB
    Suspension
    UCR, Dynaweave

Tarp Skins Pocket Mod

I just wanted to share this simple modification I made to my Warbonnet Tarp Skins to better utilize the pockets at each end. The materials I used are 16" of 3/32" shock cord, 2 Duraflex Posi-Grip cord locks, a few feet of polyester thread and a needle and adds ~3.5g to the tarp skins when completed. If you're extremely weight conscientious or just don't care for hardware, you could leave the cord locks off and just secure the shock cord around the end of the skins in a ponytail type fashion and save ~2.4g.

The first thing I did was to remove 1-2 stitches from the hemmed edges near the seam at the bottom of the skins and then added a few stitches to lock things off prevent the seam from opening up where I removed stitches. I then took a single 8" length of shock cord and feed one end into the opening I just made until it bottoms out and then add a few stitches through the end of the shock cord to secure it in place, then do the same for the other end.
    IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG

I am quite happy with the end result and find it much more convenient than the stock configuration. I hope this ends up being useful for someone, I did this short write up because I couldn't find anything on here regarding the problem I was trying to address with this. This should also completely negate the need to clip the ends of the tarp together when not in use to prevent slipping as Warbonnet suggests.
    IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0368.jpg
    Last edited by Rusty Shackelford; 11-04-2020 at 16:03.

• + New Posts