Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I order my hammocks with a 3-4” longer ridge line. So the net is cut a bit longer. Then I set the hammock up with a super loose ridgeline. It loosens up the net and hammock and really makes it more comfy for me. I scoot over almost till it feels like I’m on the right side of the hammock but actually I am centered at an angle. Works great

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    One more thing to try - why not, right?

Try this - sit in the middle of the width of the hammmock and toward the head end side. Get diagonal and then spread your right leg out and put your arms behind your head. Basically, try to spread out the hammock fabric as much as possible. You may need to move a bit to one side or the other as well as more toward the head or foot end. Also, experiment a bit with how diagonal you lay.

The whole point of all of this is to more around utilizing that width to find what’s comfortable.

Theoretically I would think that a wide hammock should be exactly equal to a 58” width hammock of the same length if you ignore the extra fabric.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ- HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I actually had kind of tried this as well. I would sit in the middle and use my feet to smooth out the extra fabric and i also would lay more with my body towards the head end of the hammock. It definitely seemed to help some.

And as far as changing up the angle, I tried to lay with less of a diagonal angle but because of the extra material it kind of forces me into around the same lay angle which is more steep. When I lay in my Girlfriends 58" sparrow its definitely less of a lay angle and i wonder if that's the affect of have more fabric is you have to have more diagonally then a hammock that is less wide.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ- HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Also I did jump the gun since i live in PA and last weekend i went down to dutchware and tried out the standard chameleon hammock and the wide. And they both seemed more comfortable to me than my sparrow but the standard width was my pick and I bought one. lol

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Im the same height and weight as you. I have an XLC, Wide Chameleoan and a Dutchware 12'. I find the 12 Footer the most comfortable , and the knottymod keeps majority of the floppy fabric at bay. The Wide Chameleon and the XLC are similar in comfort but the XLC keeps my lay position very limited and my feet touch even in the footbox. The Chameleon, my feet have about 6" between them and the 12 Footer, my feet are between 10-12" apart. The 2 Dutchware also allow me to prop my right knee up and flop it to the side like a comfy couch.
    Im looking at the Sparrow, but now you have me second guessing myself.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12