Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 12’
    Insulation
    JRB MW4 HSS 0*
    Suspension
    Web/DutchHks/Biner
    BTW, I made a loop on the stake end of the guy lines with a figure 8 on a bight, and I tried out the zpack 6.4” carbon fiber nails at 6.2 grams each. The stakes exceeded my expectations. They held in the soft ground really well, and they were very durable when it came time to kick them around to pull them out the next morning. I carried 8 stakes which came out just under 2 ounces for all the stakes plus the little dyneema stake bag. Not bad compared to what we used to tote for tent stakes in the old days.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyspur View Post
    BTW, I made a loop on the stake end of the guy lines with a figure 8 on a bight, and I tried out the zpack 6.4” carbon fiber nails at 6.2 grams each. The stakes exceeded my expectations. They held in the soft ground really well, and they were very durable when it came time to kick them around to pull them out the next morning. I carried 8 stakes which came out just under 2 ounces for all the stakes plus the little dyneema stake bag. Not bad compared to what we used to tote for tent stakes in the old days.
    Be careful with the CF stakes.. I have the Ruta Locura version. the metal tip has come out more on two occasions, remaining deep in the soil. Had I been on a multi day trek I would have lost the use of that stake. Replacement tips are (were?) available from RL.. not sure if Zpacks sells them. They wouldn't sell me 36" of webbing because it was "going to throw their inventory off" so I doubt they would help with the tips.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Although I luvs me some carbon fiber I've piddled around with it enough to realize it ain't meant for stakes, at least not here in the rocky NE.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WB BBXLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by georanger99 View Post
    My guy lines are attached to my stakes permanently. Wrap them around your stakes then done.
    All corners of my tarp have a small piece of zing it attached. No tangled messes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is my system as well. At the corners of my tarp I have larksheaded a Dutchware tarpworms on shock cord. I like being able to adjust the guyline tension from under the tarp and at roughly knee height versus close to the ground, or in the rain, at the stake. Wrapping the guyline around the stake is a little tedious during take down but its also very quick and easy at set up so it balances out.
    Last edited by TipsyPaddler; 12-13-2020 at 21:26.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TipsyPaddler View Post
    ....At the corners of my tarp I have larksheaded a Dutchware tarp tick on shock cord...

For those who go searching for tarp ticks.. they are a Warbonnet product, not Dutchware Gear.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    WB BBXLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    For those who go searching for tarp ticks.. they are a Warbonnet product, not Dutchware Gear.
    Oops! I meant Tarpworms vs. Tarp Ticks. Two good products with different uses and too similar names! Fixed original post.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I have Dutch Fleaz on a 3" continuous loop of 1.75 mm Lash-It on my tarp tie-outs. I permanently attached 7' of 1.75mm Zing-It to 5 of my MSR Mini-groundhogs, with an internal tarp tensioner made from shock cord. 6 stakes and all cordage in a dyneema stuff sack weighs 79 g. It is easy to wrap the cordage and stays neat.
    stakes - 1.jpeg
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyspur View Post
    The question is, how do you store the guylines each time you break them down?
    How do you keep the zing it from tangling?
    WIN_20200717_22_43_50_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200717_22_40_16_Pro.jpg

Dutchware Ring Worms with Yellow Zing-it on Easton Nano Black 12-inch stakes (1st photo) and the Reflective Dutch elastic cord (2nd photo) with Easy Grab Cord ends.

https://youtu.be/AtkoSu3t-RE

Stakes are the Black Easton Nano Military 12-inch. The Ringworms are attached to the stakes with 10-feet of Yellow Zing-It by tying an end loop and Larks Head that to a ten stake head.

When you are packing up, clean the stake and slide the stake into the Ringworm and then spin the Easton Stake until the Zing-It is secure, just thrown into a stake bag. To deploy, remove the stake and hold the Silver head, and pull the Ringworm off. Drive the stake into the ground and run the RingWorm to the elastic Glow in the dark Easy Grab Cord ends, which are Prusik-ed on to the tarp. Simple, clean, and easy deployed and broken down for storage.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 12-20-2020 at 15:39.

For my tarp ridgeline i use one niteize rubber cable wrap. Its bulky but keeps it from tangling. It has a few prussik shackles on it anyway.

For the dyneema 6’ guy lines i just remove them from the tarp, loop them and tie them with the nama clip hooked to the loop end.

I have been debating just keeping the lines on the tarp and ditching the mini s biners that i use currently. I am a motorcycle camper, so gear size/weight is not as strict for me as a backpacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345