Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB

just ordered a new burrow

finally decided to upgrade my winter hammock quilts from 850 willpower to 950 fill power quilts to save weight and room. started with the top quilt first and ordered a 20 degree burrow with 1 ounce of overstuff in moroccan blue outer and black taffeta inside. I looked at UGQ, Loco libre and enlighten equipment quilts but decided to stick with hammock gear again because I know they work and the quality is top notch, the cinch part is in the center and they were also the cheapest.

thought about waiting for the Black Friday sale but wanted to get ahead of the wait list that is sure to grow with the sale.

will order the incubator later, may wait on the Black Friday sale for it
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Good choice! I've been very happy with my 20 deg. Burrow & Phoenix quilts... great combo. And you're right, HG quality & workmanship is awesome & very consistent.

Apart from the cost, each of the vendors mentioned provide top notch quilts and can make gear selection quite a chore. It's obvious these vendors & others have more business than they can shake a stick at and with production lead-times increasing due to people discovering or rediscovering fun times outdoors & on the trail during the Age of the Wuhan, I wonder how many of these vendors will do a Black Friday sale? I hope they do 'cause I'm in the market for a 40 deg. UQ & TQ combo for next year!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    Good choice! I've been very happy with my 20 deg. Burrow & Phoenix quilts... great combo. And you're right, HG quality & workmanship is awesome & very consistent.

Apart from the cost, each of the vendors mentioned provide top notch quilts and can make gear selection quite a chore. It's obvious these vendors & others have more business than they can shake a stick at and with production lead-times increasing due to people discovering or rediscovering fun times outdoors & on the trail during the Age of the Wuhan, I wonder how many of these vendors will do a Black Friday sale? I hope they do 'cause I'm in the market for a 40 deg. UQ & TQ combo for next year!
    yea I went back and forth for a while on the 4 venders but EE they got kick off of the list because they were higher than all of others and UGQ got knocked off because I like the neck clinch cord under my chin and not on the sides. that left Loco libre and well if something ain't broken why fix it, so went back with HG and saved a little cash and loco libre uses 900fp and not 950fp I know there is not much difference between the two but why pay more for a little less fill power.

Harry has already said that they are going to do a Black Friday this year
    Last edited by soul embrace; 10-27-2020 at 17:29.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    George at Loco Libre asked me why I had never bought a quilt from him. Because I don't need any more quilts! I have 40*, 20* and 0* quilt sets from HG and was done with quilt purchases before Loco Libre even started their business. But if I ever need a new quilt, I'm probably gonna give Loco Libre a try!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    How much bulk/mass do you think you'll save by going to 950 FP? I just finished a trip using my 20* phoenix and UGQ 20* duck down top quilt. Not sure the fp on the TQ but it doesn't pack down very small at all.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by Clisbyclark View Post
    How much bulk/mass do you think you'll save by going to 950 FP? I just finished a trip using my 20* phoenix and UGQ 20* duck down top quilt. Not sure the fp on the TQ but it doesn't pack down very small at all.
    probably not enough of a difference to notice but the set I'm using now is 850fp so if I'm going to pay the money for a new set might as well go for the highest fill power as I can get. plus with HG being $31 cheaper helped a lot also
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    What outside shell material? I hope Argon 67 because the shell material has more to do with 'compressibility' and finished weight than the difference in down FP. Although it's great to have both to maximize all aspects.

I've found that the lighter outside (and inside, FWIW) shell is plenty durable for me.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    What outside shell material? I hope Argon 67 because the shell material has more to do with 'compressibility' and finished weight than the difference in down FP. Although it's great to have both to maximize all aspects.

I've found that the lighter outside (and inside, FWIW) shell is plenty durable for me.

hammock gear uses 10D on their premium burrows, so it's 10D on the inside and out. not sure if that is argon 67 or not
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    hammock gear uses 10D on their premium burrows, so it's 10D on the inside and out. not sure if that is argon 67 or not
    Close enough. You done good.

Just on 'stuffability' alone you're going to see a huge difference!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks so much for choosing us! We're all in this together, really. I've always had somewhat of a hard time answering the question, "Why should I buy from you, rather than a different vendor?" All I can really say is thank you If it works and you enjoy yourself, that's all that really matters in the end.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast