Hello,

-1 I would always contact Randy Smith (Papa Smurf --> in this Forum) from Dream Hammock to talk things through. He is very helpful and is very patient--> I had a lot of questions and was very patient and friendly
-2 You are welcome in the User Facebook "Dream Hammock" Dreamers: http://bit.ly/2WE0UZ7 that I've made. Because I wanted an authorized group I asked Deanna Opliger Smith and Randy Smith from "Dream Hammock" for their approval. They have given me that trust! . When you do your membership request you get three questions! Refer with "medinfo" so I know it's you. We now have more than 900 members and a lot of photo's, videos and advice.

#EWTPWGYE -Greetings,

Theo "SurvivalTrotter" Brouwers

Quote Originally Posted by medinfoto View Post
Hi everyone,

About to take the step to a custom hammock. Been using a Hennessy Expedition asym zip for around 5-6 years, and just this year got a Safari in a trade as well. I found the Expedition very capable but maybe a little bit tight, and I wish the net was removable. The Safari was outstanding in comfort but quite heavy, no removable net, and the width was a bit excessive. Didn't bother me but seemed pointless to drag around a bunch of extra fabric for no reason. Very much enjoyed the sag and distance to ridgeline on it though! I'm 5'10 and around 175 lbs so don't really need anything huge but I like having a little space to stretch out diagonally.

Now, after 5-6 years of hammocking I figured I am dedicated enough to it that I can justify buying a custom one. Been emailing a bit with DreamHammock and so far we're leaning towards an 11' 62" wide Sparrow in the 1.6 HyperD fabric. I figured I'd spring for net and overcover, with a slightly bigger vent than standard on the cover.

But there are so many options here. Fabrics, organizers, etc etc. Bit lost on what to go for. Been looking through the "recent projects" page for inspiration.

I want: sturdy enough fabric that I don't need to baby it. Lighter weight than my current setup. Overcover as an option for when it gets colder. Lots of storage options. There are peak bags, gear slings, gear hammocks, my head's spinning just trying to piece it all together.

What are your thoughts? I don't want to spam the nice people at DreamHammock with endless questions so figured I'd throw it out here. :-)

thanks!