DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    I’m always concerned with the same. Love how the Line Loc 3 works and would really like to use it on the tarp ridgeline, but that plastic instills no confidence. On the ground tie-outs I haven’t been as concerned.

The functionality of the line loc is just perfect, better than anything else I’ve tried that has wraps, slots, larksheads involved. Anyone can pull on that cord and make a half hitch even without much light.

I’ve search for an aluminum or titanium one with no luck, but would buy that in a second.
    How about stainless? No wraps, slots, or larkshead needed. Works best with Lash-It or similar lines.

https://www.namagear.com/product-page/nama-claws

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    How about stainless? No wraps, slots, or larkshead needed. Works best with Lash-It or similar lines.

https://www.namagear.com/product-page/nama-claws

I've seen these, but never really through much about them with all of the other hardware tensioners out there. I just ordered some to give them a shot.

What is the cowboy rodeo stake in one of the pictures, though?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    I've seen these, but never really through much about them with all of the other hardware tensioners out there. I just ordered some to give them a shot.

What is the cowboy rodeo stake in one of the pictures, though?
    This guy? Just yard accessories.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    I haven't had a problem with them slipping, but I can't say that they have really been tested since they are on my "fair weather" tarps. My biggest concern was the locking piece breaking since it isn't very substantial. I've also had the 1.3mm dutch cord fray a couple of times. I still prefer to use the Line Lock V, but am still searching for my perfect cordage. I wish Lawson made something smaller then 2mm.
    I heard rumor a few months back that Lawson was going to produce a 1.2 Glow Line. I have no issues with I am using and it all works well with Lineloc V, but Lawson cordage glows like a flame thrower and I would switch out to that. Until then, both ZPacks 1.2 Z-Line (reflective or not) & Dutchware Gear Dutch Wire work outstanding with the Lineloc V. And I greater prefer the more rigid feel of these cords especially for ground lines. Easy to feel with gloves on, almost never tangles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    I’m always concerned with the same. Love how the Line Loc 3 works and would really like to use it on the tarp ridgeline, but that plastic instills no confidence. On the ground tie-outs I haven’t been as concerned.

The functionality of the line loc is just perfect, better than anything else I’ve tried that has wraps, slots, larksheads involved. Anyone can pull on that cord and make a half hitch even without much light.

I’ve search for an aluminum or titanium one with no luck, but would buy that in a second.
    I have worked with the Linelocs a bit. I haven't weight tested them per se, but I've sanded, cut and sliced them and they are pretty robust. I have a hard time thinking they will fail in any way other than crushing them between two rocks. I have a ton of them.. I'll give them a torture test this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I’m a little confused about “line loc”. Sometimes the term seems to mean that triangle plastic thing. Other times, it’s more a flat plastic device, Also ended up with two sizes of those plastic triangle “locs”. I’d worry more about breaking that slipping because you can alway lock the loc with a half hitch in the trailing line. But it seems that would have to be the result of some unusual force.
    This is what I am using... Lineloc V
    Of course, there are the larger Lineloc III's available in a bunch of configurations.. Hooks, clips, sewn on..

I've tried these.. Work fine and can play nice with d-rings. Don't require you to commit to changing anything. You can secure them with a half hitch if you want. I opted to not use them because they end up more than an arms length away from the tarp corners once adjusted. I want to reach them from under the tarp.

None of these options would are confidence instilling if used at the ridge tie outs. These are ground corners and doors only for me. At the ridge, I am still using the same mini ucrs's I made three or four years ago. Same ones on each tarp. Never had one slip. Weigh whatever six inches of zingit weighs. Work with continuous or split RLs. Infinitely adjustable. Friendly to cold, wet hands and blind eyes.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    This guy? Just yard accessories.

Cool. The other picture looked like it might have had cordage ties to it.

i showed a while ago a way i was experimenting with to obtain the ease of use of the linelocs and similar tensioning devices, but without having to buy hardware. it uses a knot but one which you can install once and then use without having to retie (much in the same way you would install hardware).

this shows how it works (40 seconds). in this case it is integrated in a soft shackle i also made and described here, to make it easy to attach to various things. this is as it would apply to a continuous ridgeline, but could work just as well for a split ridgeline, if one wants (in facts it's so easy to adjust, that it might make a continuous ridgeline redundant for some people)

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    I use the linelock and initially ran zing it to the stakes. The zing-it would slip until I put a wrap on the LL with a clove hitch. That setup never slipped even in heavy wind. Thats an easy solution if you have slipping issue. Last yr I switched from zing-it to a reflective line I ordered from Dutch. The new line is better sized for the LL.
    Dont remember what its called.

Sent from my couch

Hammock
    DW Banyan
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
    Last yr I switched from zing-it to a reflective line I ordered from Dutch. The new line is better sized for the LL.
    Dont remember what its called.

Sent from my couch
    Is it the 1.8 mm Reflect-It?

I haven't had my Zing-It slip in LineLoc 3's, that I've noticed at any rate. I've been in windy conditions but not "heavy" wind. How high of wind speeds are you seeing that causes this slippage? At any rate, it's good to know it CAN happen, as it's easy for me to switch those lines out to something thicker.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBonBon View Post
    I haven't had my Zing-It slip in LineLoc 3's, that I've noticed at any rate. I've been in windy conditions but not "heavy" wind. How high of wind speeds are you seeing that causes this slippage? At any rate, it's good to know it CAN happen, as it's easy for me to switch those lines out to something thicker.
    I started with the zing-it and had slippage in the backyard test. I solved it by putting a loop around the lineloc. Then I decided to go to a larger and course line.

Sent from my couch

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast