Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    I use their 2mm reflective cord and it is 100% storm and tornado proof on lineloc3 or lineloc light. Dont see reason to go for 2.5mm cord.
    I tend to agree and prefer the 2mm to the 2.5mm. I have both and even if they are a "perfect" match for one another, the added weight and bulk of the 2.5mm cord isn't really needed. It's not a big detriment either though.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Yeah Tarp Flyz for the ridgeline and call it done. 8 years in and I never considered switching the slightest bit.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    very common problem, especially for the ridge line----I just tie a butterfly half hitch (quick release half hitch) at the line lock and it works great! (I love the way they are so easy to adjust!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    I use zingit, and they do slip. My solution is to do a single wrap around the LL. That has held fine with no slips that I noticed. Double wrap it if you want, but a single turn seems to hold fine. Other option is to go to a larger line, but I like to use zing it.
    I've used a fair amount of Dutch gear and ill say it holds great and I don't recall any slipping. I found it holds so well it is hard to get a release. I switched to the LL, because it tightens and releases equally well. For the Dutch im taking my gloves off when its below freezing.

Sent from my couch
    Last edited by ibgary; 10-27-2020 at 18:41.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Couple of tarps with them. They always seem to slip some. Slippery half-hitch rules the day when I use them.
    Shuggy
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I like something with a little more meat. Zpacks 2mm Z-line works well. So well I use it on my hot tent which is certainly no lightweight tarp.

For smaller 1-2mm cord, the Lineloc V is a better choice.
    Dutch also has the Slide Lock that works with his 1.3 mm reflective dutch cord as guylines. I have this setup on a couple of my tarps. Stingerz on all of them for the ridgeline, though.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/slide-lock/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    Dutch also has the Slide Lock that works with his 1.3 mm reflective dutch cord as guylines. I have this setup on a couple of my tarps. Stingerz on all of them for the ridgeline, though.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/slide-lock/
    I have some of those also and they do work as advertised if they're under constant tension. I'd have some concern as to whether they would also loosen under cyclic loading, like during extended periods of wind buffeting. I haven't really used them other than some fiddling. What has your experience been?

I also think it's kind of ironic how "big" they are, considering the primary motivation to use them would be to work with cordage in the ~1mm range.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I have some of those also and they do work as advertised if they're under constant tension. I'd have some concern as to whether they would also loosen under cyclic loading, like during extended periods of wind buffeting. I haven't really used them other than some fiddling. What has your experience been?

I also think it's kind of ironic how "big" they are, considering the primary motivation to use them would be to work with cordage in the ~1mm range.
    I haven't had a problem with them slipping, but I can't say that they have really been tested since they are on my "fair weather" tarps. My biggest concern was the locking piece breaking since it isn't very substantial. I've also had the 1.3mm dutch cord fray a couple of times. I still prefer to use the Line Lock V, but am still searching for my perfect cordage. I wish Lawson made something smaller then 2mm.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I’m a little confused about “line loc”. Sometimes the term seems to mean that triangle plastic thing. Other times, it’s more a flat plastic device, Also ended up with two sizes of those plastic triangle “locs”. I’d worry more about breaking that slipping because you can alway lock the loc with a half hitch in the trailing line. But it seems that would have to be the result of some unusual force.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I’m a little confused about “line loc”. Sometimes the term seems to mean that triangle plastic thing. Other times, it’s more a flat plastic device, Also ended up with two sizes of those plastic triangle “locs”. I’d worry more about breaking that slipping because you can alway lock the loc with a half hitch in the trailing line. But it seems that would have to be the result of some unusual force.

I’m always concerned with the same. Love how the Line Loc 3 works and would really like to use it on the tarp ridgeline, but that plastic instills no confidence. On the ground tie-outs I haven’t been as concerned.

The functionality of the line loc is just perfect, better than anything else I’ve tried that has wraps, slots, larksheads involved. Anyone can pull on that cord and make a half hitch even without much light.

I’ve search for an aluminum or titanium one with no luck, but would buy that in a second.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast