WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    2 - WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Wookie custom
    Suspension
    Dyneema Buckles
    Images

Go for Blackbird XLC ACCESSORIES OR NOT?

I’ll try to be brief ~ I have an XLC with a very custom Wookie - 0 degree with lots of extra filling - it’s amazing how much warmer you are with this UQT. My question is ... should I GO for the under cover protector? Hi actually think I already know what I want to do number one it protects the expensive under quilt and number two it will surely help with a couple of degrees added warmth. I’d like to hear from some people that have also opted for the winter top cover a.k.a. the Chinook. Regardless of how cold it is an even with my thunder fly tarp hanging above me it is nice being able to have the fresh air and to also be able to see my surroundings end to those of you who have the Chinook is it a little claustrophobic? I’d like to hear some input from other owners ~ this will help me decide whether to place an order or not thanks in advance for everyone’s input and guidance

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Your reasons for the UQP are sound enough. What is your lowest temp that you want to be hanging out? That will determine what accessories are helpful to you. For me, being warm and safe from sub-zero cold are more important than a nice view when I'm out in frigid temps. So I opted for a canvas sock from Molly Mac Gear. If my eyes are shut and I'm warm, it doesn't bother me how close my canvas is to my face. If the temps ease up, I can simply fold the canvas flap back and look around at the stars before I have to get out and pee.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For me, a UQP (get mine from 2QZQ) allow me to be less precise in setting my UQ and tarp. But the wookie takes all the iffiness out of the UQ suspension. Still, a UQP would add a few degrees of warmth, and keep the UQ cleaner/dryer.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    UQP keeps the wind from robbing the built-up heat in the UQ.
    Personally I always get condensation and even ice crystals with covers. Worth trying as your results may vary.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    2 - WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Wookie custom
    Suspension
    Dyneema Buckles
    Images
    Thanks Shug... I just ordered an UQP from 2QZQ..... I am sure it will do the trick 1) Protect my expensive UQ 2) Add a little warmth to the mix - ALL CLEAR IN SECTOR SEVEN.....OUT

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyracer View Post
    Thanks Shug... I just ordered an UQP from 2QZQ..... I am sure it will do the trick 1) Protect my expensive UQ 2) Add a little warmth to the mix - ALL CLEAR IN SECTOR SEVEN.....OUT
    I think you’ll be really happy with that combination. I have the chinook, but prefer pairing my 2QZQ UQP with my XLC (netted cover on) and Wookie over using the chinook. My reason is when you use the Chinook, the winter top cover zips to the UQP instead of to the hammock body—so the XLC hammock body is “loose” inside the clamshell covering. I don’t like my covers, pillow, etc to be able to slip away from me over the side of my hammock. I prefer my top, be it the net or winter cover, to zip to my hammock.

The 2QZQ UQP will do great protecting your wooki from splash up and cutting down the wind.

• + New Posts