Hammock
    HH Ultralight Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Help me ID this Underquilt. Is it a 3S Phoenix?

Hi all! Back in 2011 I joined this forum in preparation for a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. Although I didn’t compete a thru, I hiked and hammocked 600 glorious miles and still dream of finishing! These days I’m a tent camper. I gave away my hammock and tarp long ago. Now I’m left with this underquilt that I’m trying to identify. Based on my old posts, it looks like I was in between the 3S Yeti and 3S Phoenix. What do y’all think? In my profile stats it looks like I went with the 3S Phoenix. Could y’all help me ID it? Pics attached.

Here’s the link to the 3S Phoenix:
    https://hammockgear.com/premium-phoenix-custom/

I purchased mine back in 2011 and it doesn’t include the logo. I weighed the UQ which came out to 17.2 ounces, making me think this is a 10 degree UQ. Thanks for the help!

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Maybe post this in the Hammock Gear subforum...I see Grishnakh responding in there frequently.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I could be remembering wrong, but I think back in 2011 all Warbonnet quilts were all black, in and out. Not sure they did different inner color options. Don't quote me on that, though.

Some info on HG quilts, since I've ordered quite a few over the years at different points in their development:

Around 2011 or so was when they switched over to calling it a Phoenix - prior to that their 3/4 length quilt was called the Crow's Nest. And the tags didn't come until a bit later either, although some quilts back at that point had tags sewn inside on the channel that said "Made by Stormcrow" I believe. And when they first added the tags, it was just an HG tag, without designating the temp rating.

They (HG) came out with the secondary suspension in early 2012, and were the first to offer that, so that would be a dead giveaway for ID-ing it, but it doesn't appear your quilt has that.

It wasn't until recently that HG started offering a 10 degree option. They didn't even come out with 'summer' quilts until much later. At the time you purchased, they had 0, 20, and 40 degree options. They did have 900 fill power though, so that might help figure out the weight/rating.

My guess is it's a Phoenix/Crow's Nest, based on the pics.

Hammock
    HH Ultralight Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Super helpful, silentorpheus! Thank you for that. It helps me clarify this may be a 20 degree with extra fill. Currently it weighs at 17.2 ounces. I looked for tags on this and there were none so it musta been right before they started adding them. Same here, my guess is it’s a Phoenix. Appreciate your help!

• + New Posts