I bought a 0 degree loco libre top quilt last spring or so. I can only seem to get it down to 45 degrees and then I really have to start layering my clothes. I have accepted that I am a cold sleeper, but I'm beginning to wonder if the bag is really 0 degrees. I went camping at Red River Gorge last weekend and it got down to about 32 degrees. I had my top quilt, 2 blankets, a sweatshirt, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, 2 long johns, flannel pants and a pair of lined sweat pants and was comfortable. Now, my top layer of clothes-shirt and sweeat shirt are all cotton. My bottom half I had a good quality base layer but then cotton clothing on top of that. So I wonder if wearing cotton affected the base layer? I am relatively new to this, it took me a year to gather info about sleep systems and purchas one. Now I am onto my clothing this winter, buying base and middle layers. But I am questioning how many base and middle layers to buy b/c in a zero degree bag I can't even get warm in 32 degrees. I don't want to think the quilt is defective b/c I truly LOVE it. I am actually saving for a 40 below bag b/c I want to winter camp, but the only company who sells that warm of a bag is loco libre and if the zero didn't work, will i be wasting money on a 40 below? or do I just need to get better clothes? I need any insight on what I can do here. This is an expensive hobby and I don't want to waste money on a 750 dollar quilt if it won't work or if i could simply save money by investing in more clothes....HELP!!!