Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 13' Winter
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Pad
    Suspension
    Straps n Whoopies
    Wonderful! Enjoyed the video and content very much. I use a Klymit Insulated Static V year-round in my bridge because I find it makes the hammock more comfortable for my tastes. I add an underquilt in colder months for a toastsure hang. I’ve battled some condensation and CBC (clammy butt syndrome, in this case) using a pad, but have found that the fitted Klymit topsheet helps cut down the clamminess, as does a thin sheepskin if weight isn’t a concern. I’m no gram weanie, but I am a sleep weanie, so I carry what helps me sleep good...including a ridiculous supply of pillows.

PS Eating fire to warm up is next level. I’ll hafta stick with tea and a hot water bottle.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I used a pad in my double layer RR for the first time last weekend just to see the comfort level and since I wasn't hiking far. Paired a 30" wide Klymit Insulated Static V with my 40 degree Ridge Reeper and a 30 degree Carolina Reaper topquilt. Temps dropped to 29 degrees. Didn't have any condensation issues and was comfortably warm all night. Would say that the hammock might have been marginally more comfortable having the wide pad in there. In the end, though, I wouldn't take the extra 2lbs of pad on a backpacking trip where I was doing any miles.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4estTrekker View Post
    Wonderful! Enjoyed the video and content very much. I use a Klymit Insulated Static V year-round in my bridge because I find it makes the hammock more comfortable for my tastes. I add an underquilt in colder months for a toastsure hang. I’ve battled some condensation and CBC (clammy butt syndrome, in this case) using a pad, but have found that the fitted Klymit topsheet helps cut down the clamminess, as does a thin sheepskin if weight isn’t a concern. I’m no gram weanie, but I am a sleep weanie, so I carry what helps me sleep good...including a ridiculous supply of pillows.

PS Eating fire to warm up is next level. I’ll hafta stick with tea and a hot water bottle.
    I like to hear how other folks do their hammock groove.
    I recommend sticking to tea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    I used a pad in my double layer RR for the first time last weekend just to see the comfort level and since I wasn't hiking far. Paired a 30" wide Klymit Insulated Static V with my 40 degree Ridge Reeper and a 30 degree Carolina Reaper topquilt. Temps dropped to 29 degrees. Didn't have any condensation issues and was comfortably warm all night. Would say that the hammock might have been marginally more comfortable having the wide pad in there. In the end, though, I wouldn't take the extra 2lbs of pad on a backpacking trip where I was doing any miles.
    Good to hear your outcomes.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12