Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE / UGQ / SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up VIDEO: 3-day Backpacking & Fishing Loop - Wilson Creek / Pisgah National Forest / NC

On this trip I hiked and hammocked in the backcountry of North Carolina's Wilson Creek. I spent 3 days backpacking, fishing and enjoying life along the beautiful streams in the Lost Cove Wilderness Study Area.

On Day 1 I started at the Hunt Fish Falls trailhead and took the trail down to Hunt Fish Falls itself. An awesome waterfall with an even cooler pool! I kept hiking along the Lost Cove Loop until finding camp for the night - a perfect spot with my own private waterfall and fishing pool.

Day 2 was the only real elevation gain of this trip, but before I got to the climbing came the incredible Gragg Prong Falls. The entire area around the top of the falls is a wonder of nature. Continuing on I went up Bee Mountain then enjoyed a small vista, with a good look at the overcast weather, on the way down the other side. Another relaxing campsite awaited me on night 2 with an even better fishing pool than the night before.

The final day of the trip took me back to Huntfish Falls after a morning filled with wet-feet stream crossings, typical of the entire route. No trip to Wilson Creek is complete without stopping by Betsey's where I grabbed a hot meal. I had a great time and look forward to exploring more in the future!

Enjoy the gorgeous natural sights and in-the-wild commentary from my 3-day adventure in the Lost Cove Wilderness Study Area! Thanks for watching

Layne

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    WBWooki/UGQ Bandit
    Suspension
    Standard
    Nice video thanks for sharing! Love that area especially when it’s not crowded. I’ve recently been getting into fly fishing while backpacking and have enjoyed it a lot so far. Looks like you have more success than me when it comes to actually catching them
    "Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?"

My Backpacking YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE / UGQ / SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by prelohded View Post
    Nice video thanks for sharing! Love that area especially when it’s not crowded. I’ve recently been getting into fly fishing while backpacking and have enjoyed it a lot so far. Looks like you have more success than me when it comes to actually catching them
    It is a beautiful place and perfect spot to combine backpacking and fishing. Never had much success fly fishing myself either, spinning gear is what I’m comfortable with. On this trip I was using a small plastic worm on a small hook, basically a San Juan worm fly-type setup, and they seemed to like that.

• + New Posts