Tarp
    Cave Crk Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Loco Libre up n dn
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles

Hey from AZ

Hey hey!!!

We just became committed hangers this past weekend. Camped with some friends near Whitehorse Lake in Northern Arizona. First time actually sleeping in my Dutchware Chameleon, although I did suspend it once between two trees while working on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon this Fall.

Looking for an underquilt now. Bought the two-layer hammock so I could stuff in my sleeping pad between the layers but couldn't figure how to get it in between the layers so slept with it on top underneath my sleeping bag. Not ideal, but serviceable.

Big bonus, my partner, Cody, loved it too! He doesn't usually sleep with me, but insisted on staying in the hammock both nights.

Anyway, we're both hangers now, and looking forward to a group hang so we can really start learning.
    IMG_20200911_141628633.jpgIMG_20201018_085402027.jpg

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Welcome aboard. Great neck of the woods you gots there.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DW Chameleon + Pet Palace for Cody
    Tarp
    Cave Crk Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Loco Libre up n dn
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Thank you for that! It is beautiful here. Moved down from Northern Nevada 4yrs ago and loving it. So much yet to explore.

Images
    Welcome to the world of hanging! I still miss AZ, used to live in Phoenix and Flagstaff, and loved camping all over that state. That was before I was a hanger, but some day I'm going to get back there for some hang time.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon + Pet Palace for Cody
    Tarp
    Cave Crk Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Loco Libre up n dn
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Excellent! I look forward to meeting a few others who know something of the joys of hanging. I did pull the trigger on Loco Libre warmth from George yesterday, and hoping he's not too backlogged.

Cody got a bit cold the second night. First night was a howl. We'd gotten out to do our business in the middle of the night, and he waited outside while I rederanged the bedding for us. I cracked open the top cover for him to jump in and guess it wasn't enough because he misjudged and sailed clear over the top. Too eager. Too funny.

• + New Posts