Farewell my dear shelter :/ and Hello from Sweden!

Hi,

Let me get straight to the point: Ive been on the ground for my entire Swedish life. Then, I invested in a hammock from the States. Wow, the comfort, the convenience, the view. It has revolutionized my camping.

So, my tents will probably miss me (although they will be brought on mountain hikes or with the kids).

I hope to be inspired by you all here, seems to be a great forum! I live in Uppsala, Sweden.

I recently started a YouTube channel with my hammock in the wonderful Swedish autumn woods. You will see what type of hammock it is there. I would really appreciate if you want to check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dje9g2v3-xw

Thank you,

/Jonas
    Last edited by AutumnWonders; 10-20-2020 at 06:23.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Welcome from Salt Lake City, Utah! Upsalla looks to be a beautiful area. Your video was terrific.

I have some relatives in the Skåne/Malmö area of Sweden.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Welcome to HF. The evening walk...is not the same anymore.
    The game is the best teacher.

Welcome from Pryor, Oklahoma, USA. Your woods look inviting. The folks here are the most knowledgeable hammockers around and you will learn much. Just ask and someone (or many ) will respond. Hanging is a personal thing, I've come to find out, and there is a learning curve. Glad to have you on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Welcome from Pryor, Oklahoma, USA. Your woods look inviting. The folks here are the most knowledgeable hammockers around and you will learn much. Just ask and someone (or many ) will respond. Hanging is a personal thing, I've come to find out, and there is a learning curve. Glad to have you on the forum.
    Thank you! I have a warbonnet hammock, never slept so well outdoors. I guess that goes also for other brands. Im looking for other hangers in Sweden, but it seems to be hard to find actually. Anyone on this forum? I have to find them

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Greeting from the USofA's inter-mountain west where the night sky still can be abundantly dark. When I took my evening walk while working in the wilderness areas of Montana and Wyoming it was always a time of prayer, i.e. a time of communication with the Creator. Therefore, I know I am not alone even when working alone in the woods (not counting border collies, horses, and mules). Now that I am retired my walking/talking time is early in the mornings. I have been contacted! Welcome to Hammockforum ;-)

Maybe there is another simple explanation, e.g. humans have body odor so objectionable the aliens avoid us like the plaque, eh? Or maybe they are Jewish or Islamic and don't like being around frying bacon? 8-O
    Last edited by OlTrailDog; 10-22-2020 at 20:26.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 13' Winter
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Pad
    Suspension
    Straps n Whoopies
    Welcome to ya! My bucket list camping destination is in Sweden. Some day... Until then, enjoy it for us across the pond.

• + New Posts