ENO JungleNest/WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Ember 2/EE Convert
    Suspension
    Orange Whoopies

The Uprising Underquilt

I had the opportunity to product test the uprising underquilt from Enlightened Equipment, which is a slimmed down, tapered version of another quilt. It also has a unique suspension that allows you to tweak the foot and head ends to get the coverage just where you need it. I have the video here if anyone wants to find out more.
    https://youtu.be/zHNpteRWbXE
    Tree Rhino
    YouTube Channel-------------Website
    Twitter------Instagram------Facebook
    not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien
    an optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    A lot of adjustment in the right places with this, very good ideas. Thanks.
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I have one in my cart along with a new Enigma, but I am reconsidering the Uprising purchase. I spec'd it out as a 40F Shorty, with 950fp, draft collars and 7D fabric in an effort to shave a few ounces off what I have now, a HG Premium Phoenix, 950fp, draft collars and 10D fabric.

My Phoenix weighs 10.8 oz and the Uprising as spec'd weighs 11.8 oz... The weight advantage should go to the 7D by at least an ounce.

I'm not prepared to pay a premium for a heavier quilt. I would have chosen a 50F for the Uprising but they don't offer it.

I have the primary suspension at the foot end of the Phoenix (all of my quilts actually) connected to the SRL. A simple prusik (I hate prusiks) with two diamond knots acts like a soft shackle or evo loop tied to the RL and can be adjust fore and aft to accommodate a full or three quarter quilt.

I don't do that jacket-over-the-footbox setup (I wear a down anorak.. not zippers), but I see where it can be useful. Why not zip the jacker around the hammock body only rather up and over the RL?
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

This quilt looks like a joke! Wow, a tapered rear section just like Hammock Gear has been doing since forever. The shock cord system looks lame, a solution in search of a problem. What do you attach the clips to if you are using a bug net or top cover? Lastly, EE really dropped the ball by phasing out the karo baffles on the Revolt, my previous favorite three quarters under quilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    This quilt looks like a joke! Wow, a tapered rear section just like Hammock Gear has been doing since forever. The shock cord system looks lame, a solution in search of a problem. What do you attach the clips to if you are using a bug net or top cover? Lastly, EE really dropped the ball by phasing out the karo baffles on the Revolt, my previous favorite three quarters under quilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Never used that particular quilt or suspension, but the concept of early exit point and routing up to the RL makes good sense. I don't use a top cover and all my netted hammocks are Half Wit style.. so the hammock RL is exposed. Might not be for everyone, but I can't call that a joke either.

Yes, the tapered design has been around for a long time. Can't argue that.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Yes, the tapered design has been around for a long time. Can't argue that.
    Don't take this as a knock on EE at all - it's business and borrowing ideas happens in every industry. EE has brought their own innovations to the game as well. But between this quilt and the Rev-Hole-Ation, I was almost wondering if a coupe patents had expired.

Hammock
    ENO JungleNest/WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Ember 2/EE Convert
    Suspension
    Orange Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Why not zip the jacker around the hammock body only rather up and over the RL?
    . You know what, when I transitioned to having a ridgeline, I never even thought to just go around the hammock body. Maybe going over the ridgeline was just easier, and I'm lazy, LOL. That would make a lot more sense. Now to get back out and try that, which I'm sure will be warmer. Thanks.
    Tree Rhino
    YouTube Channel-------------Website
    Twitter------Instagram------Facebook
    not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien
    an optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I wouldn't knock it until I tried it, but I will say that it seems to address problems I don't have. I have a meme buried deep in my head somewhere that absolutely abhors unnecessary foofy-faffyness. However I assume they field-tested this with somebody who found it useful.

As far as innovations, wasn't it JRB that came out with the whole UQ idea first? Ever since then it's been 'off to the races.'

I have 4 Revolts and 2 Incubators and love all of 'em.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts