DH Darien
    Tarp
    HG Hex w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    1.5 Spider/Becket

TrailHeadz Wraith UL Comfort Limits

While I certainly don't need yet another hammock, I'm very intrigued by the innovative design and low weight of the TrailHeadz Wraith UL. The problem is that I'm around 190lbs and 6'1", which is pushing the listed limits of this hammock. While I'm willing to take a bit of a comfort hit in pursuit of a lower baseweight, I don't want to be too cramped. Is there anyone out there with this hammock that could weigh in (pun intended) on the comfort at the upper limits?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have Trailheadz UL wraith, and I find that it is still a very comfortable hammock with me weighing in at 175, 5'6" female. I like the stretchy material, and I lay diagonal as well as straight which is mostly uncommon in a hammock. John has a banchee hammock which is only 2 ounces heavier than the wraith, and I believe the weight limit on that is maybe 250-265. I hope this helps!

Hammock
    TrailHeadz Wraith UL or Banshee UL
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Custom
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    Unwordedly, I'll be happy to help answer any questions you have. Personally I found the Wraith to be quite comfortable for my 6-3 195 frame and could not tell a difference going from an 11ft wraith to a 10.5 ft UL. It does have a decent amount of stretch and has a good "sweet spot". The biggest drawback I found was that the monolite has a tendency to sag more overnight than other hammocks, which means hanging it a bit higher. Other than that we've not heard any complaint on comfort after almost a year of use from several users. Personally I found the banshee UL (1.2MTN) to be my preference between the 2. It has less stretch, and isn't as prone to the "overnight droop". It also doesn't build up static electricity like the monolite. The memory foam type support is also a great characteristic of the fabric. Hope that gives you some insight. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions

John@ TrailHeadz

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    As an early adopter of the Wraith. I found it quite comfortable. Dropping the weight was an amazing feeling while on the trail. At 6' 205. I had no problems using it over 10+ nights. I just could never get used to hanging it about a foot higher to compensate for the overnight sag. I worked with TrailHeadz to build the Banshee UL. Exact same design in MTN 1.3 and it has been a world of difference. All of my nitpicking complaints about the Wraith were resolved. I've personally not been able to find a more comfortable hammock. While I still rock my Chameleon Wide for car camping the Banshee UL has become my absolute goto for the trail. Just enough stretch to conform to my body, but not enough to have to change any hanging steps. 11oz is a win in my book!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    HG Hex w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    1.5 Spider/Becket
    Thanks for the insights! My Dream Hammocks Darien in 1.2 Robic (now MTN) fills a similar slot as the Banshee UL, though it's a bit heavier at just over 15 oz. I'm curious to try out a monolite hammock for the weight savings and visibility. Overnight sag isn't something that I had heard of, but that's certainly a consideration when hanging. I'm still intrigued about the Wraith UL. It sounds like my height won't be a huge issue, so I'm inclined to pull the trigger and give it a shot.

• + New Posts