If I were to get another UQ besides HG or something like the WB Lynx (for Ridge Runner), I’d be sure the UQ had a differential cut so the loft isn’t compressed when the quilt is snug tight against the bottom of the hammock.

That said, I do have some WL summer “day hike” UQ’s that are ambidextrous - no top/bottom specific sides. They are a barrier against daytime breezes - not something I’d use overnight. Not on purpose anyway.

But when I do go out for just a day, I occasionally stop to contemplate how well I’d deal with having to unexpectedly spend the night. It’s usually, “Wouldn’t be my most favorite night, but I’d be alive in the morning.” I suppose the next thought is, “How much will I share with the others who didn’t bring (and by “bring”, I mean “carry”) extra gear?”

It’s hard because you don’t want to see someone suffer. But I’ve found that when I lend out my gloves, hat, jacket, often the recipient 1) doesn’t learn and repeatedly doesn’t bring enough warm clothing and 2) doesn’t offer to carry any of the extra stuff I have.