Tarp
    HG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burro
    Suspension
    Daisy Chain

Hello From Rougemont NC

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for having me. I got into backpacking a few years ago. My wife and I were always interested in hammocks, but ended up going the tent route because Hammocks seemed a little confusing. After some bad nights sleep I finally gave in and we both bought ENO onelink systems from REI with out much research. We took them out for a few day trip and both slept really good. We used our sleeping pads and bags, and were both warm but hated keeping the Pad in place getting in and out. I was also not a fan of the weight of the ENO, as I had been carrying a Zpacks Triplex which was lighter. I am glad we bought them though, because actually having a hammock and tarp made me realize it wasn't really that complicated or difficult to set up/tare down. When we got home I started researching quilts and ways to make the system lighter and ran across this site. We ended up returning the onelink systems and we both bought the Hammock Gear wanderlust kits with the optional quilts. Still a little heaver then the tent, but not by much, and there are areas where we can still lower the weight over time, and takes less pack space. I saw a lot of people on here talking about 11ft being better for flat lays then the shorter ENOs, I didn't realize it made that much difference until I laid in the 11footer. It is so much more comfortable.

Great site and community, even though I hadn't singed up yet, this site was a ton of help for someone getting started! Thanks everyone!

Hammock
    DIY GE 12’ Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    CDT Gemini DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopi slings
    Images
    Welcome from a newbie in the neighborhood! Folks seem to love their HammockGear stuff, and the Wanderlust kit is a great bundle. Enjoy!

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome from Charlotte. Now that you’ve signed up here you’ll have to take the next step and join one of our “hangs”. There’s a couple of them coming up here in NC.

Hammock
    Hammock Gear Netted
    Tarp
    HG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burro
    Suspension
    Daisy Chain
    Awesome, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp