Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    HG incubators and

Bridge hammock tarp

I am trying to find the lightest full coverage tarp option for a bridge hammock. I have a palace, but I am concerned that I would inevitably put a hole in it. Toss me out some ideas to look at. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Billcole; 10-09-2020 at 09:12.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    check out the simply light designs (SLD) winter haven that has doors with tie outs and he lets you pick the color for $194 is the cheapest price and if you add side pull outs that would be another $25. he has the option for the side pull outs than is spaced for a ridge runner. seam sealing is included with the price and he'll have it made and shipped out within 4-5 days unless you pick a fabric that he has to order. I have a 12ft winter haven and it's well made.

here the link to the tarp: https://www.simplylightdesigns.com/c...-4-season-tarp
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have my RR under a Minifly at 5:20 in.....not full coverage but just wanted to show.
    A Superfly may do it.
    I have popped a hole in my HG DFC tarp with a bridge hammock so care must be taken.
    Spread wide it works.
    All about the pitch with a bridge hammock.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I’ve been using an 11’ thunderfly for some time and never had any issues. That’s with the ridge runner and Townsend luxury bridge which is quite a bit wider. I use bumpers on the ends of the spreaders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Billcole View Post
    I am trying to find the lightest full coverage tarp option for a bridge hammock. I have a palace, but I am concerned that I would inevitably put a hole in it. Toss me out some ideas to look at. Thanks in advance.
    https://zpacks.com/collections/repair-tape-patches

Just a thought:
    You already know the lightest material to use, and own it. Perhaps the better plan is to solve the concern you have.
    As Saltfly mentioned- there are ways to add bumpers. I've seen rubberized (thread caps) used. Wine corks, silicone tube, or even racquet balls used to cover the poles.
    As his Shuggedy Shugness mentions- tarp pitch (with shock cords on the tie outs) will do ya pretty fine too.
    As I linked above- If you've got a pitch you like, and you're pretty consistent with it, then perhaps simply applying a pre-emptive reinforcement patch to your Palace will give you a little extra piece of mind.

An ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure ( perhaps literally) if switching fabrics.

If you'd care to live a bit more dangerously... CARRYING a patch (vs applying four of them) just in case you have an issue in the field is the lightest solution should the inevitable occur.

After that- Membrane Silpoly at .93 ounces is pretty nice fabric. As a balance of cost, weight, and pack size... I find that the most compelling alternative to DCF.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    I'm trying to get answers on Dutch's wide rectangle tarp. Seems like it could be the ultimate. If you need doors, get it 13' so you can wrap the sides in a bit. So wide you can easily pitch it super wide to avoid the spreader bar issue. I haven't seen one...

Hammock
    SLD, Townsend bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB,UGQ,Nunatak
    Suspension
    Beckets
    Here is my HG Palace with woven Dyneema rub patches applied to the inside for the spreader bars. They are made from 5oz woven dyneema and add a total of .46oz to the tarp. With a fairly consistent pitch they always lineup.

Because of the wider stance that the tarp needs with a bridge I also added extra material onto the doors so they can close like a vestibule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Here's my RR under a 13' SLD Wind Haven.

GH013438_Moment.jpg

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For just a couple of bucks - or free if you have a bicycle shop near by - you can get some innner tube tubing that slides over the buckles on the ridge runner. The “couple of bucks” commercial product I have is inner tube material about two inches long with a hole on one side that lines up with the hole in the RR spreader bar bracket. That leaves inner tube rubber on the outside of the bracket to protect the tarp.

That said, I’ve never had a problem with those bars touching the tarp sides so I must pitch higher/wider than most others. In the spring/summer/fall I don’t need to pitch tight - I usually have at least one pole up for Porch mode. In winter, I use the snow to make walls so the tarp is more just a roof; it doesn’t need to get close to the hammock.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts