Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks, I've watched your vid, I must be a slow learner. Or maybe your shenanigans distract me

Might give it another go instead of trying to buy different fabric and make another one.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Which hammock are you using the Wooki with? A Warbonnet? If it's a Warbonnet, have you hung the head end low enough? If she has to scoot up to get on the insulated area, the head end has to be lower. When hung right, you automatically end up in the right place. In contrast to other underquilts, I have always found the Wooki quite generous.

Another thought: does the Wooki maybe hang a bit loose? Right out of the box, my Wookis hung flush against the hammock. Putting my hand between Wooki and hammock under me almost felt like putting it between the layers of a double layer hammock. However, over time, the quilt fabric lengthened quite a bit. I started getting cold much sooner. In the end I opened up the whipping on the foot end, and re-whipped it a bit shorter. I also pulled out the edges by 4" or so, which made it fit much better on the sides (shoulder, knees, feet). After that, all air pockets were gone. I do sleep extremely cold, and the Wooki has been the most effective underquilt for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Its an XLC yea. I believe a lot of it is the foot end height, I've been aiming to set them a little higher each time she notices overnight "sliding"- I believe its helping. Plus I had added a couple Kamsnaps at the shoulder, so she can use that as a reference of where she needs to be in the hammock. It is pretty snug from what I can tell.

We just ordered her a Scandinavian wookie yesterday in plans of some winter trips, hopefully we will have all the bugs worked out by them and she will be warm and cozy, I'd like to do a few deep winter hikes without her having troubles.

Hammock
    I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Here's my take on a Wooki style uq. I make a "knotty mod" on the sides to give a tighter fit.
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123