Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Thunder fly

Looking for advice on long and wide tarp manufacturers

I have a warbonnet ridgerunner at full length , I never shortened the triangles like many on here have leaving it at 12.5-13 feet.

So I am wondering what manufacturers make the longest length tarps and any particular experiences others have had.
    Currently have the wb thunderfly and its ok but would prefer slightly wider as I have punctured it (and repaired) with the rr poles.

Hoping for 12+ feet with doors and tie outs, flat color or camo

Thanks in advance

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Some cottage industry folk mentioned in the forum have a 13 ft option on their larger tarps. For example, WarBonnet’s popular SuperFly tarp can be ordered in a 13 ft length. It has some features specific to the RidgeRunner. The panel pulls are positioned so they would be opposite the ridge runner poles and they have an interior D-Ring at each end - remember to seamseal it - for the bugnet bungee cord.

That said, I used an 11 ft Superfly with the RR for a long time and though the doors couldn’t be completely closed, it was seldom a problem. Also one vendor - or you can DIY with scrap bicycle inner tube (visit local bike shop for scrap) - makes a rubber bumper guard for the spreader hardware.

You are wise to hold off on shortening the suspension line as that causes more pressure on the spreader bars and they can fail. If you want a shorter distance requirement, better to buy a bridge that is spec’d out for that. JustBill makes some. But he’s a small shop and they aren’t inexpensive (however, you need only one). JacksRBetter has two and as I was searching for them, I saw REI is now selling an ENO bridge hammock. Neither JRB or REI gave the minimum tree distance in their description.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock gear has a nice looking 12 foot long one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    simply light designs (SLD) makes a 13ft winter haven that has doors with tie outs and he lets you pick the color for $194 is the cheapest price and if you add side pull outs that would be another $25. he evens has the option for the side pull outs than is spaced for a ridge runner. seam sealing is included with the price and he'll have it made and shipped out within 4-5 days unless you pick a fabric that he has to order. I have a 12ft winter haven and it's well made.

here the link to the tarp: https://www.simplylightdesigns.com/c...-4-season-tarp
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    TQ-GoLite UQ-Loco
    I use a UGQ Winterdream 13 with my RR. It fits great, has doors and tie-outs. I had mine made with end pole mods so that I could add internal poles to really open up the volume.

Unfortunately they are so far behind on quilts they aren't taking any tarp orders right now.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Thunder fly
    Thanks soul embrace didn't realize simply light designs made a tarp that would work. I have purchased a few things from there and have always been very impressed with the speed of delivery (to Canada) and excellent customer service. Going to give that a shot (and the rubber guard is a good idea). I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Thunder fly
    Yea they were my first consideration till I seen the delay and couldn't actually process the order.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter68 View Post
    I use a UGQ Winterdream 13 with my RR. It fits great, has doors and tie-outs. I had mine made with end pole mods so that I could add internal poles to really open up the volume.

Unfortunately they are so far behind on quilts they aren't taking any tarp orders right now.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    What about the Dutchware Wide rectangle? Seems almost made for a ridgerunner.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Thunder fly
    Im not familiar with that one but I will check it out thanks Jimswms.. So checked it out now Im just wondering if anyone is using the winter wide with a ridgerunner? Good price and performance on that one but Im not sure if I need 13 feet.
    Last edited by Rocket976; 10-07-2020 at 19:26.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    What about the Warbonnet Superfly in a 13-ft? That's what we use and the door shut completely and we don't have to shorten any suspension... I guess it just depends when warbonnet will be able to ship stuff again

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast