I have a couple of seasons in my HG Wanderlust kit. I don’t see myself going back to a tent unless there’s some really specific need to (absolutely no trees!). I’d like to try to lighten the load a bit if possible, particularly as colder weather approaches and I’ll need some pack space for potentially bulkier quilts. Here’s my starting point:

HG 11 foot netted hammock: 583 grams (comes with giant carabiners, which I’m replacing)
HG 11 foot tarp including snake skin: 421 grams
Suspension: daisy chain and Dutch hooks: 130 grams

The webbing is a bit longer than it needs to be and, as such, is probably bulkier than necessary. My first inclination is to replace the tarp with something DCF particularly since the tarp gets a bit saggy under heavy rains. There’s weight to be saved there but the DCF probably doesn’t pack down as small.

I’ve looked at the comparison charts in Ultimate Hang to see if there are lighter hammocks but I’m not sure how current that content is. I’d appreciate some input from those who’ve taken this journey already. Lighter hammock or try to lighten the suspension?

I like having the bug net in summer, but the bugs are gone for the season and the net is not removable in this model of hammock. Maybe that’s inconsequential weight!?

I’m 6’2” about 210 lbs if that matters in terms of a hammock.