Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly

Warbonnet Superfly ridge line keyring breaking...anyone else have this happen?

I had something surprising happen today while I had my tarp pitched working on a door management system. It’s the 13ft Warbonnet Superfly tarp. It’s a beautiful day out, but there are 15mph winds. Not sure on the gusts. Well, while messing with some shock cord away from my tarp, I suddenly heard a pop, look over and see my tarp flapping in the wind on the ground on one end. I suddenly thought to myself “Oh F@?k”. I suddenly did an investigation and luckily it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. The small little keyring that Warbonnet attaches to their tarps on the ridge line was completely bent where it was no longer a key ring. Hopefully I can attach the picture to show. Anyways, since I’m new to this, what are people’s thoughts?
    -Did I have the split ridge line pulled too tight? I had it synched as tight as I could get it with my 2 Dutch Stingers.
    -I wouldn’t think 15 mph winds with maybe 25mph gusts would do that but maybe so?
    -the ridge line itself on the tarp looks in good shape still. It looks fine. Should I just connect the stingers directly to the ridge line instead of getting another keyring and attaching a stinger to the keyring since it’s clear the keyring wasn’t strong enough?
    -If I do replace the keyring, is there a better device to use? Just a simple continuous loop?

Here is the pic of the keyring. The pic shows the good one still on one end and the broken one in the background on the desk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts