Hi Everyone,

So after much deliberation, I pulled the pin on a Hennessy Explorer Zip XL and a Super Shelter. While not the smallest and lightest hammock, and for whatever reason, Hennessy isn't the most loved brand, I was won over by customer reviews and some friends experience with Hennessy's customer service. My intended use is for Canoe Trips in Northern Saskatchewan - I head up to the Churchill River system several times a year, and am tired of sleeping on the rocks of the Canadian Shield.

I am headed North this weekend - and am planning on my first adventure with the Hennessy. Temps will dip to around 0 degrees Celsius most nights - and from what I've read, the super shelter can handle those temps for the most part out of the box, provided the space blanket is deployed on top of the included insulation. I have couple of black diamond down costco blankets that I am planning to bring along, with the thought that if temps dip lower than anticipated, I can add one under the insulation, and one over my bag if required (Bag is a Marmot Reactor - rated to -1 Celsius, dri down). I have decent baselayers, and think I will be warm enough. But wanted to ask, is there any other advice or details I should know before giving this a go? I'll have along a down vest and puffy coat that I would deploy if the temps take a crazy dip - but anything else I am missing?

I didn't purchase the overcover just yet - I know I can probably make it work in a zip system, but for this trip, I wanted to try things out before I added that piece of gear.

Any advice, details, or guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!