Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Sidewinder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Shout out to Sierra Madres Research

I’d like to give a big shout out & thank you to SMR!!!
    Richard Rhett donated a bunch of Hammocks to my church’s Trail Life Troop. Generosity like this is not only huge but uncommon & deserves bragging on!!
    Thank you SMR!! I will be posting pics of the boys using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falarny View Post
    I’d like to give a big shout out & thank you to SMR!!!
    Richard Rhett donated a bunch of Hammocks to my church’s Trail Life Troop. Generosity like this is not only huge but uncommon & deserves bragging on!!
    Thank you SMR!! I will be posting pics of the boys using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have always liked this aspect of this company, they do other things as well. I'm sure other companies do good things that we don't even know about, but I know SMR does. I was considering starting a new thread on the Ninox hammock, or maybe just commenting in a previous Ninox thread, when I saw your post just now. But maybe I will just comment here, if that is OK? If not I will move this comment elsewhere.

I have not used my Ninox much. Mainly because I already have so many hammocks I like or love, and over all the Ninox did not blow me away, I wasn't seeing all that many advantages to make for it's drawbacks for me: too big, needless weight, more difficulty than usual keeping it high enough. It was really nice in several ways, but I have been too busy trying to decide if the Hammock Tent 90 or the new JR James River bridge is my new over all favorite. I couldn't see the Ninox replacing either of these or my Claytor No Net(which also worked very well with the SMR Inferno Q) or HH UL Explorer with HHSS for backpacking. Or,heck, my WBRR with the custom fit AHE UQ that always works! But, I could see a role for car camping for sure.

But, as I have played around with it more, some benefits have become evident, other than just the fact that it is very comfortable. I finally decided on today's hike/hang that the Ninox has one thing going for it above any other GE hammock I have used: I have yet to have any calf ridge or knee extension in this hammock. Even with a lot of experimentation going on to determine correct RL length and such, not one time have I felt that calf ridge curse. Which, in that one way at least, even if maybe not overall, will make the Ninox the best GE I have ever used. Not in all ways, but in lack of calf ridge and knee extension, the best. And those two areas are very important indeed. They are the main reasons I will bother with bridge and 90º hammocks in the first place. Also, further experimenting with the Inferno UQ attached to the side/diagonal D rings on the Ninox showed again that this combo shows a lot of promise. It fits nice and snug head to heel, and stays in place quite well, using some side attachments( UQ to hammock) if needed, in addition to the head and foot end diagonal attachments.

Inferno UQ on Ninox using diagonal D ring attachments points and additional side attachment points, loaded pack in the hammock, head end:

Foot end of same:

• + New Posts