Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scammers

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    EHO dragonfly pro

Scammers

Hey Guys,

I tried the "contact us" link but i thought you should know.
    The reason i joined this forum was that i wanted to buy a nice used hammock and i love hammocking.

Maybe this is a new thing, but i got scammed the second day by a new user offering me the hammock i was looking for, it was a bargain but not dirt cheap.
    I made a wrong judgement call and got scammed for 50% of the price i would pay the guy.

today i had another user trying the same trick on me.
    Maybe there should be a warning for not sending money to friends and family on paypal, and that there are in fact users that try to scam people.

Must be a new “thing”. Same scam happening at ADV riders flea market. They put half page disclaimer/warning. It nearly happened to me, but I got wise just in time. I NEVER use family and friends and offer to pay the up charge.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    I thought there was like a 50 post minimum before one can post in 'for sale', or did you post in the 'wtb' section and they responded?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    From the rules of FS
    8. If PayPal is used you may not use the "Send money to family or friends" payments option. You must use the "Pay for goods or services" option.

3. As per rule 8 - Never use the 'I'm sending money to family or friends' payment options when purchasing. This does not automatically supply the shipping address to the seller, and it strictly limits the buyer's options for any refund if there is a problem with the transaction.

From the Q&A
    5) Why can’t I use the PayPal Friends and Family/Gift option? Because it is against the terms of service of PayPal and HF will not support the use of a feature which does not comply with PayPal terms of service. It is also against the HF Terms of Service (TOS). You will have no recourse for reimbursement if you use Friends and Family/Gift for payment.

13) Is HF responsible if my item is not received? Simple answer is No. If you used PayPal then you can utilize their services for disputes. If you did not use PayPal then you are on your own. If you have tried to work with the seller and cannot find agreement, you can report the issue to a MOD (be sure to include a link to the thread and a copy of PM’s). While a MOD can do nothing to get your funds returned or the item replaced, if the infraction is severe enough or repeating, a member can and will be removed from the Market Place.

Not sure how much clearer it can be that one should NEVER use F&F when paying for items on Hammock Forums.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    EHO dragonfly pro
    Thanks i feel pretty dumb now
    Last edited by Freek; 09-25-2020 at 09:50.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    EHO dragonfly pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    I thought there was like a 50 post minimum before one can post in 'for sale', or did you post in the 'wtb' section and they responded?
    yeah they send me PM's

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    3% is cheap insurance. Even on other forums when someone says a F&F price, I just add 3% and pay G&S.

3% insurance basically guarantees you get the product or your money back. Unless they are a trusted seller (and even then), us goods and services.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Hey, Freek- Sorry your introduction to our community was not a good experience. I hope it gets better for you.

Charlotte

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I'm sorry Freek!!! This has been a mostly honest, dedicated group of folks for a long time. I hate that this happened to you.

I used to do a lot of buying and selling via friends and family, but was naive and have converted to mostly G&S - exceptions are with people I've worked with before or have know on given sites for years.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast