Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Integrated Down
    Suspension
    Superior Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    It’s turning out great.
    And she was never told, she was sewing toe seams on socks that went to funeral homes.

Probably better, otherwise it could have creeped her out—and also, she may not have tried to do that hard job well. They didn’t tell he until she was promoted for doing a good job.

I’ll be shopping your 12 foot insulated hammocks soon. I’ll have to decide wether to get sewn in underquilt or snap in underquilt
    Among other choices and decisions.

Thank you for making hammock nirvana

Awesome!! Yes, tough choice! Optimizing for simplicity and weight, or a bit more versatility.
    Danny Warnock, Founder Superior Gear - SuperiorGear.com

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyWarnock View Post
    Yup! We still put generous amounts of down in all our gear
    I'll say. Laid out all our gear to air out last week. 20* HG Econ and Incubator, 20* Wooki, 10* EE Revelation, 15* SG insulated hammock. I should've taken a picture, but the SG insulated hammock just looked so much thicker than the others.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    ...... I’ll have to decide wether to get sewn in underquilt or snap in underquilt
    Among other choices and decisions.

Thank you for making hammock nirvana
    If I was lucky enough to be shopping for one, I think I would go with the snap in. You can remove the UQ to clean or dry. Currently I am sleeping indoors in hammocks without any insulation because it is toooooo hot and the cool on my backside actually feels very nice. It might be possible to snap in different degree UQs for future considerations and use.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    If it were me, I'd take up whatever complaint(s) you have directly with Superior Gear. Granted, the stitching does look a little sloppy and doubt that would be a cause for failure, but you're the customer. My guess is, SG wants satisfied customers & would go to some reasonable lengths to make things right or at the very least, address your concerns/complaints. I'd give them an opportunity to respond and go from there.
    Danny and I had chatted and the response wasn't positive (I'll chalk that up to a bad day) so we agreed that I would send him pictures. After not receiving a response from the email I sent, I wanted to know if I was making more out of it than simply cosmetic blemishes. In the end, he agreed to switch it out and I look forward to getting my replacement.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Please post again, regardless of outcome, now that I’m wondering.
    Contact vendor via email and phone. Important to maintain a cooperative relationship rather than an adversarial relationship.
    Although the stitching looks sloppy, this hammock underquilt and net (when you get it, did you pay for a net?)—will probably perform admirably in the field. And that is the ultimate goal. In other words- The proof is in the pudding.

If it were me, I’d go so far as to request completely new gear, and nothing seam ripped and resown. I would even offer to split the difference in cost with the vendor. Maybe vendor can resell old unit as a “second”

Sewing curved surfaces is not easy, and the sewer probably was tired and swamped with orders. Stuff happens.

I’ll tell you a story. A friend of mine, whose mom is now a nurse, got a job when she was 18 years old, sewing socks in a hosiery mill. The line she worked on was called “Thirds”. All the new girl sewers worked this line.

After six months she was promoted off of the “Thirds” line. She asked her supervisor, what “Thirds” meant.
    Supervisor said all socks on “Third” line were supplied to mortuaries-funeral homes. Think about it, the dead don’t care if their sock toe seam is a bit crooked.
    Now that job has been eliminated. As the modern knitting machines, knit entire sock.

Good luck, my friend
    Your quest for hammock nirvana, will require cooperation on your part as well as the vendor.

I’m thinking bout getting a Superior Hammock with sewn in underquilt or maybe a snap in underquilt, now that they offer a 12 footer!

It should be against the law, for a short guy to own a 12 foot hammock.
    We chatted first with a lot of pushback that he was having a hard time finding qualified help to meet demand. We agreed that I would send him pictures for his opinion, but after not hearing back for a week and a half, I wanted to see if I was just being too picky. The intent was never to through anybody under the bus, but I feel like this is an open forum to get feedback. He has offered to replace it. For the 15 minutes that I spent in it, I could tell right off how warm and comfortable it is. I look forward to getting it back and spending some time in it.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyWarnock View Post
    Hi Dvankirk,
    Ya, those stitches are pretty rough. I'm sorry that this one slipped through our QC. I've shared these photos with the team so that they know that this does not meet our standards, and that we have very discerning customers.
    I don't believe that there's a structural issue, however, I think beautiful gear matters and I try to make that happen every time. I can honestly say that this stitchwork is not the norm for us, but again I'm sorry that we fell short. As I offered in my email, I would be happy to send a return label so that we can replace this unit with a correct Superior Hammock. I truly try to take great care of every customer. Thanks again for giving Superior Gear your business! We'll make things right!
    Best,
    -Danny
    Thanks Danny. I look forward to getting it back and glad that you are standing behind your standards.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Integrated Down
    Suspension
    Superior Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    I went to a hang in Kentucky, RedRiverGorge, a few days ago, and at the gear raffle I was blessed to win the very last prize, a Superior Hammock. Beautiful piece of gear, and up till now, one of a kind. I’ve been getting used to it by using it for my every nighter, and spent time for a couple naps in it today out in the wind. It rocks! I love not needing to adjust my underquilt! Thanks again Danny!
    Awesome! Glad you like it!
    Danny Warnock, Founder Superior Gear - SuperiorGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345