Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Integrated Down
    Suspension
    Superior Buckle
    Images

Hello from Superior Gear!

Hello Hammock Forums!
    My name is Danny Warnock. I'm the founder of Superior Gear, aka Superior Hammock. We launched a couple years ago on Kickstarter and we're trying hard to innovate the simplest, coziest lightest hammock setup possible! We've been steadily growing our following and customer base (who are overwhelmingly positive and love our gear). We offer a very customizeable hammock with integrated quilt called the Superior Hammock that has some unique features like snaps and an adjustable ridgeline. It's really warm (30F), comfy and packable and weighs just 34oz. Or with the "Elite" upgrade only weighs 24oz! Seriously 1.5 pounds! Crazy light and optimized design, without any compromises in comfort. We also have a unique multi-purpose quilt we call the 'Universal Comforter' that is a fantastic top quilt. But also converts to a bottom quilt by snapping onto our single layer 'Classic Hammock' for a superior UQ experience with zero sliding issues and no air gaps. Or snap it onto our Superior Hammock for a Sub Zero Winter setup! An incredibly versatile and unique piece of gear. We also offer 5 temp ratings of the Superior Hammock and Universal Comforter from 30F down to -30F. We also have a unique tarp with removable doors, and arguably the easiest-to adjust suspension system on the market. We offer a complete Hammock System at around 6 pounds. With the Elite Upgrades, that's down to 4.5 pounds. Quite competitive for true Ultra Lighters.

Check out Spiguyver's reviews of our stuff. He really likes our innovation and simplicity.

We're 100% made right here in Minnesota, USA!

Feel free to message me or
    Check us out at SuperiorGear.com

Thanks!
    -Danny
    Danny Warnock, Founder Superior Gear - SuperiorGear.com

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Recently I missed sniping a Superior set up off ebay when my feeble mind got distracted by some shiny object. Still POed about that one. Oh well, one of these days.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie XL
    Suspension
    Becket Straps
    Thats really cool Your shipping to Canada seems very reasonable too.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly, HG DCF
    Insulation
    Katabatic TQ,HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Beetle
    In love the superior shelter in sky blue. I'll need to keep an eye out for when its back in stock.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    I've seen some videos of your hammock with built-in insulation which looks both interesting and quality made.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Slept out in the Superior Hammock 30º the other night and it got down to 28º.
    Really snoozed warm and comfortable. Funny that I got up a couple of times since I was in my backyard and when crawling back into the hammock I instinctively reached out to adjust my UQ and realized I did not have too as it is sewn in.
    Really nice rig with no calf ridge at all for me.

Danny and I met at a local park as he is local and I was curious to take a look at his gear. I was even a bit dubious as I am sort of set in my hammock ways and was unsure about an integrated UQ. He loaned me a 10 foot hammock with the 30º rating. Really nice stuff sack that has a lot of room and an outside pocket to store straps. Gotta say that I was surprised at the comfort and warmth of this hammock. The baffles go head to foot and have really nice coverage.
    The whole package is professional looking.

As to his straps. They looked to me at first like Beetle Buckles but work differently. I took one pair and put them on my black straps and they are holding well. Not a fan of black and white straps. Little thing but that is just me.

I am going to take this on the trail next week and give it a go in the woods.
    Shug...of the open mind.

Superior Insulated 30ºHammock by Sean Emery, on Flickr

Superior Insulated Hammock by Sean Emery, on Flickr
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Welcome to forum as a vendor. Hopefully you can make it to Hangcon in Florida so we can check out your hammocks.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammocks Survivorman
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    I recently purchased the Superior Suspension System and I love it. I installed some continuous loops on my HH Survivorman and I like that I can connect them directly to the loops or with a carabiner.

One down side I will offer is that the buckle is a little hard to pull back when you have cold fingers. My fingers aren't giant but with gloves on it was a little more difficult to manipulate. I think a carabiner will help a lot with this in the winter months.

I will also add that I got a little slippage or stretch last time I went out. I'm kind of a bigger fella at 290 and I'm not at all surprised it stretched a little. Next time I go out, I'll mark the strap to see if it's moving.

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with this product and even more please with Danny's customer service. As a newbie, it's great to feel comfortable working people that are willing to share their knowledge.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doowahderek View Post
    I recently purchased the Superior Suspension System and I love it. I installed some continuous loops on my HH Survivorman and I like that I can connect them directly to the loops or with a carabiner.

One down side I will offer is that the buckle is a little hard to pull back when you have cold fingers. My fingers aren't giant but with gloves on it was a little more difficult to manipulate. I think a carabiner will help a lot with this in the winter months.

I will also add that I got a little slippage or stretch last time I went out. I'm kind of a bigger fella at 290 and I'm not at all surprised it stretched a little. Next time I go out, I'll mark the strap to see if it's moving.

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with this product and even more please with Danny's customer service. As a newbie, it's great to feel comfortable working people that are willing to share their knowledge.
    One thing that is really important is to make sure your strap is very straight behind the buckle before you crawl in.
    I like how you can ratchet it do lower the hammock under load. Pretty easy.
    Last edited by Shug; 10-30-2020 at 18:47.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

I went to a hang in Kentucky, RedRiverGorge, a few days ago, and at the gear raffle I was blessed to win the very last prize, a Superior Hammock. Beautiful piece of gear, and up till now, one of a kind. I’ve been getting used to it by using it for my every nighter, and spent time for a couple naps in it today out in the wind. It rocks! I love not needing to adjust my underquilt! Thanks again Danny!
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast