Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpuddleglum View Post
    Enjoyed reading your post, thanks for sharing. I hiked from Springer to Neel's gap back in 2015 with my son when he started his thru. Went back this July and did Neel to ****'s Creek with a couple of my buddies for my 50th b-day. We had a good time, but it was muggy and buggy! You probably noticed this as well, but man there was a lot of poison ivy. Later that month I did another section through Grayson Highlands and hardly saw any. My theory is elevation differences, but haven't done any research to test it. I am assuming your goal is to section hike the whole AT. If so, how far along are you? Do you have a specific plan to finish it out?
    Thanks mcpuddleglum. For the AT i've got from Springer through around i-81 in virginia, comes out to about the first quarter of the trail. Might squeeze one more trip in this year but yes the goal is to do the entire trail. I'm hoping to finish Virginia and be halfway in 4 years but beyond that I'm not sure. I don't know that I really have a lot of motivation to drive 10+ hours each way to walk through PA, NJ etc. I've done part of the Whites and right now I'm thinking I'll probably do Maine at some point and maybe hit the rest if retirement ever becomes an actual reality. I'd really like to spend some time hiking out west in places like the High Sierra, Wind River Range, and in the Maroon Bells wilderness and I'm also working on sectioning the Mountains to Sea trail. So who knows what will come but one day I'm hoping to be done with the AT.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Nice Yosef. I need to do the Georgia section so this is timely. Kind of fun being able to hike the same speed as somebody flip flopping. Did it make you want to keep going?
    And I can’t imagine waking up and looking at a bear.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Nice Yosef. I need to do the Georgia section so this is timely. Kind of fun being able to hike the same speed as somebody flip flopping. Did it make you want to keep going?
    And I can’t imagine waking up and looking at a bear.
    Definitely wanted to keep going. Best of luck on your next section I am surprised we haven't crossed paths before on the trail, we seem to hike a lot of the same places based on your trip reports.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12