Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    Wow! Great pics and writeup! Will checkout the video later tonight.

I'm with you on that. I have the Dutch CRL with the Dutch clip and the Wasp with prussiks. Got tired of the prussiks jamming up and having to be retied. Plus, if I didn't reset the positions of the Wasp and prussiks on a multi night trip, I'd sometimes get to camp and have to fiddle with everything to get the tarp centered.

I switched to 2 Dutch Stingerz each with 12ft of zing it. Clip the Stingerz to the tarp ridgeline tie outs and run the line around the tree back to the Stingerz. To fine tune, loosen one Stingerz, take up the slack on the other.
    I'll have to look into that one... Order placed

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Great trip report & pics! I've always wanted to do a trip on the water as it looks like a lot of fun. Plus, I'm guessing you're not quite as focused on going real lean & mean and can carry a few more creature comforts & for around camp & on the water?

Quite a he-man effort on the road getting to the trailhead too! The last time I did a 19 hour road trip, it just about did me in... had to stop along the way & get in a cat nap.

Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    Great trip report & pics! I've always wanted to do a trip on the water as it looks like a lot of fun. Plus, I'm guessing you're not quite as focused on going real lean & mean and can carry a few more creature comforts & for around camp & on the water?

Quite a he-man effort on the road getting to the trailhead too! The last time I did a 19 hour road trip, it just about did me in... had to stop along the way & get in a cat nap.
    I'm an ultralight backpacker and the "scope creep" did me in on this trip. I probably had 8 to 10 pounds in fishing gear that I really didn't need or use. Lures, pans, knives, oil.... Next time that stuff stays home and I take a rod and a few lures. My goal is to single carry and not have to make three trips on each portage. I've got my hiking kit down to a reasonable weight (under 20lbs for a 3 to 4 day trip). This solo canoe trip was a first for me and I over packed. I'm 52 now, so the lighter the better, plus less advil the next day

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Fantastic trip and report. I never remember to take pictures on my trips.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Great report, I did almost the same trip in 2018. The pictographs were worth it. I ended up staying by the river portage on Malberg but wished I had stayed at the NW site with the beach. I saw one swimming moose and a monster bull walking on land.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Absolutely brilliant trip report. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Superb report! It looks like you had a fantastic trip! I love your boat and have major boat envy. The BWCA area has been on my list since high school, many moons ago. Thank you so much for sharing one of the best reports I’ve read in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Freestone View Post
    Superb report! It looks like you had a fantastic trip! I love your boat and have major boat envy. The BWCA area has been on my list since high school, many moons ago. Thank you so much for sharing one of the best reports I’ve read in a long time!
    I got the boat 20% off. I was searching and found one in Cincinnati that was sitting around for a year. BWCA is a wonderful place to visit whether it be hiking or canoeing. As soon as I got back a placed an order at HammockGear. Damm their quilts are silky smooth. Got the dyneama shelter (12') with doors, new full length underquilt, and a top quilt. I was planning on heading out again but knee surgery trumps all my plans. Hopefully, by January I'll be out again somewhere in Pennsylvania or West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by ajoutdoors View Post
    Great report, I did almost the same trip in 2018. The pictographs were worth it. I ended up staying by the river portage on Malberg but wished I had stayed at the NW site with the beach. I saw one swimming moose and a monster bull walking on land.
    The Kawishiwi area is stunning!

The best memory of my trip was crossing paths with a 70-year-old grandma who was going solo. I asked her how long was she going to be out for and she said 14+ days so long as the food doesn't run out. I was like, dam your hard-core. She had a 60-liter food barrel, 16-foot canoe, and a fairly large pack!

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast