Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly, HG DCF
    Insulation
    EE HG AHE
    Suspension
    UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobuffalo View Post
    Any update would be great. Really want a Banyan for this spring season. Second choice is a ridge runner may have to go that route.
    I signed up to be notified when certain colors are available, but I’m wondering the same thing and am also considering the Ridge Runner.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy Chain
    Hey all. I too wanted the Banyan, put my name on the notification list. I even called & had a conversation regarding possible timing, and was told to expect April. I was told it was about “zippers”. Go figure. But alas, I could not wait, and opted for the WBRR, which I’ve used and really enjoy. I’m 100% certain that I’d be using and loving the Banyan if it had been available, but as they say “timing is everything”. Knowing they won’t be produced until fall, I feel I made the correct choice.
    " Can't not try". :thumbup

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by golfhiker View Post
    Hey all. I too wanted the Banyan, put my name on the notification list. I even called & had a conversation regarding possible timing, and was told to expect April. I was told it was about “zippers”. Go figure. But alas, I could not wait, and opted for the WBRR, which I’ve used and really enjoy. I’m 100% certain that I’d be using and loving the Banyan if it had been available, but as they say “timing is everything”. Knowing they won’t be produced until fall, I feel I made the correct choice.
    That's interesting. I'm guessing the issue is with zipper performance, and not availability. Because I believe the Banyan uses the same zipper as the Chameleon. And the Chameleon is still in stock.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy Chain
    Agreed. You know they use high quality zippers on other items, but for whatever reason.....
    " Can't not try". :thumbup

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    To chime in here. We resolved the zipper issue and got another. We were planning on using DAC poles which is the very best in Aluminum poles. They supply all the big tent manufacturers and because of everyone going outdoors, they got swamped. Orders are out until fall that were placed last year and new orders aren't coming in until next year. It is crazy with supply chains these days. We have enough supplies to make we think 100 banyans until Fall. We hope to make them this summer but we have been treading water for the last year trying to get orders out in time. I keep hoping we can get caught up but we have been on a 7-10 day wait time since November and that is suppose to be our slow season. Hopefully we can get these 100 made this summer and when the larger order of poles come in we will have better systems in place to be able to put them out more regularly. I love the product but we had very bad timing on its release.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    To chime in here. We resolved the zipper issue and got another. We were planning on using DAC poles which is the very best in Aluminum poles. They supply all the big tent manufacturers and because of everyone going outdoors, they got swamped. Orders are out until fall that were placed last year and new orders aren't coming in until next year. It is crazy with supply chains these days. We have enough supplies to make we think 100 banyans until Fall. We hope to make them this summer but we have been treading water for the last year trying to get orders out in time. I keep hoping we can get caught up but we have been on a 7-10 day wait time since November and that is suppose to be our slow season. Hopefully we can get these 100 made this summer and when the larger order of poles come in we will have better systems in place to be able to put them out more regularly. I love the product but we had very bad timing on its release.
    Thanks for the update Dutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Dutch, would it be possible to order a Banyan without poles and get it sooner? I can provide my own carbon poles.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtrac View Post
    Dutch, would it be possible to order a Banyan without poles and get it sooner? I can provide my own carbon poles.
    [email protected] customer service, we have been swamped and it may not be possible, but if we can, they will know.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12