Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi,
    So did you end up buying the OneWind Hammock? I am in the market for a basic net-less Hammock and starter suspension. After reading The Ultimate Hang, I decided knots, buckles, ridgeline materials, tree-straps, single line suspension and everything else that makes custom Hammocks great are still gibberish to me. At least after reading the book I have an idea what they are, but what works for me or not is a complete mystery.

OneWind and Ridge Outdoor Gear both have a Net-Less Hammock with a ridgeline and suspension system on Amazon, $44 and $37 respectively. The only real difference I see is that OneWind suspension uses a cinch buckle and the Ridge Outdoor uses a daisy chain. Would someone recommend one over the other?

Based on this forum's recommendations, I almost got the Dutch Ware Gare Netless, but I had to figure out materials, suspension, and whether I want a ridgeline all before placing the order.

This will be my second hammock, I am upgrading from an ENO knock-off that I thought was a great hammock before this forum.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I have the Onewind and like the adjustability of the buckles but I didn't like having to feed the whole strap through them. My upgrade for that was to get Dutch's Beetle Buckles and straps, and the then remove the cinch buckles from the hammock's CL.
    I still have the adjustability but do not have to feed the strap through the buckles every time.

Hammock
    Onewind Double Hammock
    Tarp
    C Gorilla Fortres2
    Insulation
    Down Under | Upper
    Suspension
    1/8 Amsteel Whoopy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yuphehe View Post
    Hi,
    So did you end up buying the OneWind Hammock? I am in the market for a basic net-less Hammock and starter suspension. After reading The Ultimate Hang, I decided knots, buckles, ridgeline materials, tree-straps, single line suspension and everything else that makes custom Hammocks great are still gibberish to me. At least after reading the book I have an idea what they are, but what works for me or not is a complete mystery.

OneWind and Ridge Outdoor Gear both have a Net-Less Hammock with a ridgeline and suspension system on Amazon, $44 and $37 respectively. The only real difference I see is that OneWind suspension uses a cinch buckle and the Ridge Outdoor uses a daisy chain. Would someone recommend one over the other?

Based on this forum's recommendations, I almost got the Dutch Ware Gare Netless, but I had to figure out materials, suspension, and whether I want a ridgeline all before placing the order.

This will be my second hammock, I am upgrading from an ENO knock-off that I thought was a great hammock before this forum.
    I have 2 now, best bang for your buck. I have Dutchware buckles and the buckles that come with One Wind work just as well as Dutch’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Eno
    I love that awesome hammock too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123