WB BBXLC and DIY
    Tarp
    UP
    Insulation
    DOWN
    Suspension
    30 DEGREES

10th Annual Wisconsin Frozen Butt Hang - Jan 8-10 - Pearson WI

Join us for the 10th Annual Wisconsin Frozen Butt Hang!
    January 8th-10th

This annual group hang is organized once again by Nickofthewoods of nowoutdoors.org

Ideal for snowshoes, igloos, big fires, ice fishing, ice sailing, bushcrafting, bacon cooking, and of course lollygagging!

Links to Google Maps and Hike-In Directions are all on the spreadsheet

The Wisconsin Frozen Butt Hang is a moderate "pulk or toboggan towing" trip in deep snow country. We like to get out there and really put ourselves and our gear to the test! We've been lucky enough to have some of the coldest temperatures the Midwest has to offer and routinely have among the coldest of all winter hang events.

Where: This year we will be back in Pearson WI Near Jack Lake and hiking in on the ice age trail. I will arrange to have a parking area plowed for us by Jack Lake (See Parking Map)

The Route: We will hike in 1.5 miles on the Ice Age Trail in Langlade County near Jack Lake. The parking lot on County J Rd. Pearson WI will be plowed for us and from there we can head south on the IAT past the western side of Jack Lake towards Game Lake. The Park is closed to the public so we have the entire area to ourselves. There could be stacked wood for us and we can also cut from the forest if need be. There are picnic tables (might be buried under the snow) and maybe even a grill grate like last year. Be sure to bring snowshoes or skis. Good fishing opportunities on Jack Lake for panfish. Jack lake has panfish, bass, pike, and trout. Please see (The Hiking Map) for the snowshoe route from the parking area to the campsite.

This event has always been a celebration of the coldest weather we can hope for. This event is not recommended for beginners with little to no experience camping in the cold. That said, there are lots of other opportunities for beginners to dial in there gear before the hang. You can contact me at [email protected] for info on some beginner friendly trips here in WI before the FBH.

Caution: Camping in sub freezing temperatures can be Extremely Dangerous and IS NOT the best time to try new gear for the first time (ex. stoves, tarps, boots, sleep system, etc). It is always a good idea to familiarize yourself with new equipment before taking it to the field. If you have any questions regarding gear or clothing, I would be happy to help.
    Last edited by NickoftheWoods; 09-17-2020 at 00:28.
    Owner and guide at nowoutdoors.org
    www.meetup.com/Wilderness-Adventure-Group/
    https://www.facebook.com/NickAtNowOutdoors/

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    I will be there! Lets hope 2021 is a better year!
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Camo 12' DCF
    Insulation
    Loco Libre & WB
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Looking forward to seeing you again Katt and thank you for that gift you sent my daughter I really appreciate it.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie' View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you again Katt and thank you for that gift you sent my daughter I really appreciate it.
    You bringing the nephew again?
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Camo 12' DCF
    Insulation
    Loco Libre & WB
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Yes of course i got him hooked on backpacking and even more hooked on hammock camping so he is really looking forward to getting back out there.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Shadow Phalanx
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas
    Hey everyone, I'm interested in doing the FBH this year. Its been about 6 years since I've been able to do one WI or MN. I've got some friends that have really gotten into Hammocking and I told them I used to do the hangs years ago. I want to be respectful, knowing how close this network is and reading up about how MN has "fallen on some hard times" so I wanted to check in with you all to see if I could maybe get them interested and with your permission join you this January. Glad to see this is still going strong. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Nathan "pariaharts"

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by PariahArtsltd View Post
    I wanted to check in with you all to see if I could maybe get them interested and with your permission join you this January
    You and your buddies are more than welcome to come. We even let Vikings fans come!
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Gathered end from Hammock Gear
    Tarp
    DIY 12' extra wide
    Insulation
    DIY Goose down
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    Hey everyone, I'm interested in doing the FBH this year. Its been about 6 years since I've been able to do one WI or MN. I've got some friends that have really gotten into Hammocking and I told them I used to do the hangs years ago. I want to be respectful, knowing how close this network is and reading up about how MN has "fallen on some hard times" so I wanted to check in with you all to see if I could maybe get them interested and with your permission join you this January. Glad to see this is still going strong. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Nathan "pariaharts"
    You should probably check in with Nick the organizer of the event.

AmazonQueen
    "Have Rum Will Travel"

Hammock
    WB BBXLC and DIY
    Tarp
    UP
    Insulation
    DOWN
    Suspension
    30 DEGREES
    Hey everyone, I'm interested in doing the FBH this year. Its been about 6 years since I've been able to do one WI or MN. I've got some friends that have really gotten into Hammocking and I told them I used to do the hangs years ago.
    Cmon out buddy. The WI FBH is a bit different than MN. Hosting this event for 10 years has been easy as pie and won't change anytime soon. We've got a fantastic spot and great company. If you need any gear like sleds or snowshoes, just let me know. if your friends are less experienced in cold weather camping, I have an overnight winter trip for beginners coming up in Dec. I can send you details if you like.
    Owner and guide at nowoutdoors.org
    www.meetup.com/Wilderness-Adventure-Group/
    https://www.facebook.com/NickAtNowOutdoors/

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Would like to attend but don't if if I can find and size 16 snowshoes.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast