Am I going to complain about how many extra grams a stuff sack or two adds to your load? Nope, that's not it. Perhaps it's the occasional disappearing cinch-lock on a stuff sack? nope.

No, what I'm highly annoyed with is the continuing insistence by manufacturers of outdoor gear to provide with their product stuff sacks/gear bags that are exactly large enough for an Asian black belt in fold-fu to get the gear back INTO the bag in less than 1/2 hour. REI, bless their souls, recognized this problem some time in the early part of the century, and I've never had gear from them that took more than 25% more time to put back in the bag than it did to get it out of the bag.

My Amok Draumr XL, on the other hand... It took longer to get the blasted hammock back into it's stuff sack than it did to actually set the entire thing up, and that includes inflating the mattress. Oh, and then there's the mattress. Again, it took way longer to put it away than it did to set it up, but at least with an air mattress there's some obvious reason. Still, sizing the stuff sack for your air mattress so it's a snug fit when there is ZERO air in the mattress is absolutely idiotic. How many people are going to spend 10+ minutes chasing all the air out of an XL mattress?

Rolling the tree straps should take more time than anything else. It shouldn't be the fastest aspect of packing up.

Am I a lone crazy ranting in the wilderness, or is this a pain shared by others?