Unhappy Trouble with eno guardian bug net

Hello all,

I am new to hammock camping and live in the south where the bugs are wild. I have been setting up my hammock with my eno guardian bug net. My question is, when I set everything up it looks fine, then when I get in the hammock I feel like the hammock is pulling on the net (like putting too much stress on the attachment sites). Currently, my hammock straps are a solid six inches above the ridgeline for the bug net on the tree. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, or if anyone else had had this issue. I'm using a eno double nest hammock. Please help!

Thank you!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    A photo would make your situation clearer. My experience with full size bug nets is they are held up by the hammock ridgeline and have a Velcro closure at the ends. But I don’t think the ENO hammock comes with a ridgeline so maybe you are connecting the ends of the bug net to the hammock suspension itself - these are the kinds of details that would be useful. The angles on a hammock suspension change a bit from an empty hammock to an occupied one. For example, a loose ridgeline cord will get a bit tighter when the hammock is occupied. That means the ends move a little further apart. If your net is attached snuggly to those ends, then when you get into the hammock it might pull on the net even more.

So - do you have a ridgeline on your hammock or is it connected to the hammock suspension by something more than the velcro closure?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Yeah, I put a ridgeline on my hammocks and then don’t use a ridgeline on the bugnet, including an Eno hammock and guardian bugnet. I don’t know why these mass manufacturers have such complicated net hanging scenes but no hammock ridgeline?

Morning,

IIRC my eno bug net has clips on the top. The clips go onto your hammock ridgeline. You can also make another ridgeline above you hammock to hang the eno bug net. That said, my eno guardian bug net is about 20 years old.

Play with it. Youll get it dialed in.

Good luck.

Bob

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Then it sounds like your ridgeline is so long it’s allowing the hammock ends to be so far apart that it’s stressing the expected length of the bug net. If the ends of you net Velcro around the hammock at the ends, my might have to “connect” it with the hammock back a bit from the actual hammock ends. OR, reduce net stress by giving the hammock more sag, bringing the ends closer together, so the net can velcro on the suspension line right at the hammock ends.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Double check your hang angles...

• + New Posts