Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images

VT » Bennington | 9/8→9/10 : I'll be working in Bennington

I'll be in Bennington for work Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. rather than go back and forth from Albany everyday I figured maybe I can hammock camp somewhere for the nights in between, or at least hit some trails in the afternoons before I go back.

I have to have the rental back Thursday evening so I'd really only be spending Tuesday and Wednesday night.

does anybody near Bennington know a good place to stealth camp? or is willing to loan me the use of a couple of trees in their backyard?

I'm going to be doing some merchandising project at the Home Depot, so preferably not too far from that.

otherwise I'd be glad to hear about trails I can hit and complete in an afternoon, or sweet views that I should take in.

the thing is with my job, I go all over the place, but I always have a crew with me or I never have time to stick around, so there's never time to do things when I'm at all these great places.

for instance I've been to Great Barrington MA more times than I can count and I've only gotten to hike once. similarly I've been the entire length and breadth of Vermont and never hiked it even once.

this time is different because I'm solo I have a rental, and I don't have to be anywhere else afterwards.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Fsr. 71 is not far
    You can camp up.and Down. The length

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Bennington.Camper's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin
    Suspension
    Straps/marlinspike
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    I'll be in Bennington for work Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. rather than go back and forth from Albany everyday I figured maybe I can hammock camp somewhere for the nights in between, or at least hit some trails in the afternoons before I go back.

I have to have the rental back Thursday evening so I'd really only be spending Tuesday and Wednesday night.

does anybody near Bennington know a good place to stealth camp? or is willing to loan me the use of a couple of trees in their backyard?

I'm going to be doing some merchandising project at the Home Depot, so preferably not too far from that.

otherwise I'd be glad to hear about trails I can hit and complete in an afternoon, or sweet views that I should take in.

the thing is with my job, I go all over the place, but I always have a crew with me or I never have time to stick around, so there's never time to do things when I'm at all these great places.

for instance I've been to Great Barrington MA more times than I can count and I've only gotten to hike once. similarly I've been the entire length and breadth of Vermont and never hiked it even once.

this time is different because I'm solo I have a rental, and I don't have to be anywhere else afterwards.

Darn, just saw this post. I am in Bennington and have trees...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    thanks guys but at the end of the first day I actually decided to just go home anyway. I was too tired to hike, and I had overslept (which I never do) so I didn't have time to grab the hammock

on the bright side I was there to receive my new SALOMON Men's Quest 4D 3 GTX Backpacking Boots, who's shipping notification actually arrived after the boots did

my previous hikers (also Salomon, but the 3 GTX mids), had developed blowouts, and the tread was pretty worn down. it's a testament to them though I wore them in the rain yesterday and my feet still stay dry even with the blowouts, so the goretex must still be intact inside

• + New Posts