Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images

Patching with Flex Tape

I had a small branch fall on my tarp and put about a foot long tear in it. So I went to the local EMS and apparently everybody and their brother, sister, and cousin is Covid camping so they didn't have any Tenacious Tape, seam seal, or patch kits of any kind left. so on a whim I popped over to Jo-Ann fabrics and there I found Flex Tape after a few false starts.

hopefully I'll remember to update this later if not somebody can post a comment later asking me how it's going.

for now though:

it really wasn't big enough to cover the entire tear. so what I did was cut it in half into strips, I started at the bottom of the tear and worked my way upwards towards the Ridgeline (tarp is in use), overlapping the pieces shingle-like.

on the silpoly it adheres pretty well, but was repositionable during installation. However it stuck to itself really really good. and the adhesive that's on it is pretty thick so I made sure I pressed it in really well especially near the edges and overlaps.

the tear is not really in a crucial location, so I'm not as worried about leakage as I am about the tear running for the edge, which could make the entire tarp useless if it runs the wrong way. For this reason I added reinforcement strips underneath to give it some extra grip in high winds.

I'm already planning to replace this tarp as well as get a second one anyway, I'm just trying to make this one last until more of the custom tarps come back online.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WalksIn2Trees; 09-07-2020 at 20:19.

• + New Posts