Talking Okie not from Muskogee.

Hello all!

I've been lurking around here for years, thanks to you all i used to sleep fulltime in my ol' Eno DN. But when my husband and i met and he moved in... well the hammock went by the wayside of the bed and only got to be brought out on hiking trips.

Well... this weekend, I had had enough. My soul needed to hang loose. So i got to looking again and yanked out the ENO... and went to Lowes and put together a TurtleDog... well... actually 2 because hubby needs to learn how awesome hammocks are.

Thanks SO much to everyone who came before me. It works great. I love it! I did 7ft legs with 48inch spread... j used 550 cord and rubber on the feet to stop the leg spread... if i do another one i'll do the cuts at the top but all i had was a skill saw and those cuts woulda been complicated for me. I hung my top rail from 2500# mule tape (i had it lying around from work) and drilled a 5/16ths carriage bolt through the end as a mechanical suspension slide stop.

Now comes the other part... i also just purchased (thanks to you all) 2 of Dutch's $30 wide netless. I've one ever had the ENOs so i CANNOT WAIT to try an 11ftr. I also have 100ft of 7/64 Am Blue from Dutch and i intend to make whoopies at a minimum. If not adjustable ridgelines as well I'm good with about 80%... hubby likes his flatter... but that may be ENO specific so adjustable would be best i think..

Anyways. Thanks for listening to my rambling and thanks for the WEALTH of knowledge here... you all are amazing!

Welcome and congrats on returning to the proper way to sleep- enjoy.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome back to the good sleep! Get that hubby hooked and take him out to the woods.

Charlotte

• + New Posts