CRL with snakeskins

I have an hcf dynemma palace with prussics, it would seem faster to lwave the tarp prussic'd to the ridgeline at all times, removing the step of attaching it after hanging the ridgeline. How does this work in practice with snakeskins? Currently I have my ridgeline run through the snakeskin and the tarp prussic'd on the ridgeline.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Mini fly
    Insulation
    Diamondback/wooki
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    That's about how I set up my winter Haven. Honestly it's a bit of a pain if tree distance is different from last time because I find that I have to set it up to be able to access the prussics to slide the tarp. Better option I prefer is tarp in snake skins and the Ridgeline separate. Set it up and then attach the tarp in skins.

Quote Originally Posted by CLSR--000 View Post
    That's about how I set up my winter Haven. Honestly it's a bit of a pain if tree distance is different from last time because I find that I have to set it up to be able to access the prussics to slide the tarp. Better option I prefer is tarp in snake skins and the Ridgeline separate. Set it up and then attach the tarp in skins.
    But couldnt you just sloghtly loosen the tarp on the ridgeline before sotrage to ensure a tight ridgeline everytime and then just slide the tarp on the prussic to tighten it?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Mini fly
    Insulation
    Diamondback/wooki
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Possibly. I've just found it to be easier to set up the Ridgeline first, slide my prussics then adjust the tarp. Altho anything other than my winter Haven usually gets a split Ridgeline. I also probably do things differently almost every time just to be difficult, lol.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    CLSR—00, I understand what you are doing but don’t see where you slide the snakeskin - unless you take it completely off?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Mini fly
    Insulation
    Diamondback/wooki
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Ahh, if I connect the Ridgeline separate then I just kinda bunch the snake skins up at/near the prussics when I slide them off the tarp. At the end of the day it's a coin toss which tarp i take with what Ridgeline or skinsvs stuff sack... honestly I probably don't set anything up the same way twice.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I use a CRL with my tarp and snakeskins and keep the tarp attached to the CRL. I’ve used both Prussiks and Nama claws.

I actually run the CRL thru the snakeskin itself, allowing me to set up the CRL with the tarp still in the skin. The advantage is everything is together, and deploying in foul weather is much quicker and easier. In good weather, I can string the tarp but keep it in the skins while I set up my hammock and even keep the tarp contained if the weather stays nice, but ready to deploy should a rain pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    CLSR—00, I get your idea. My tarp is connected directly to Nama Claws so there is no place for the skin unless I’d take it completely off or leave the tarp connect to the ridgeline so I can slide it there. But it is a little hassle to move things around because the tarp is NEVER in the the right place on the ridge line the second time. It must be a law of some kind. So I’m adjusting the Claws and adjusting the Wasp on the non-hook side fo the CRL.

Now if I just keep plastic toggles prusiked to that CRL, and one of the prusik/toggles cord was long enough to hold the scrunched up single skin (or both toggle cords long enough to park the double skins), then I could keep the tarp separate in it’s skin, separate from the ridgeline. The ridgeline could be set up by itself and toggles slid into desired position. Then the plastic toggles could go in the tarp end D-Rings and the skin slid off on to the longer cord. That dog’ll hunt.

For a long time I used a CRL where the ends went around the tree and connected to the hammock ends. That made an oval shape with the line as one side and the tarp as the other. The line was then held over the tarp center line via mini-biners on the D-rings. If I had to move the tarp a little, I could just pull on it and the whole thing would slide - no need to adjust one end and then adjust the other.

BUT - it meant the tarp itself was taking some of the force. And I’d wince a little as that cord would rub against the tree (though our Ponderosa Pine bark could cut right through my cord - so I don’t know if I was wincing for the bark or the cord).

Now I just use the single line with the tarp connected via claws or short toggles. But I do have to move the non-hook connection each time and adjust one end, then the other, of the tarp.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Got out and played with the setup:

Dcf palace
    Dutch CRL w/wasp
    HG snakeskin
    Crk run inside the snake skin, snake skin stays on crl

It worked fine, I didn't have any issues setting it up. Seems that loosenting the prussic just a hair before stowing isnt necessary but works well. Leaving the snakeskins attached with drings and spliced loop prussics for good. One less thing to do.

• + New Posts