I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I use an office binder clip to keep my doors rolled back. And just some dyneema line to stake out doors.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Black Bird XLC, Chameleon, Draumr
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    [QUOTE=cmc4free;2029372]While certainly not necessary, this is an interesting apparatus (wow, they actually call it that, lol). https://zpacks.com/products/double-hook-apparatus-1

I just received some of those hooks this week; I’ll try them out over the weekend.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I'm sure that I will get the way overkill award, but I have Dutch Stingerz on my doors - one on each end. If I want to close the doors, I clip both d-rings on the Stinger and go around a tree or stake and back. If I want to tie the doors up, I go down the length of the tarp and through the door d-ring on the opposite end and back to the Stinger. Completely unnecessary and 8' of extra cord, but I like it and it serves as a good backup. I had to take one off once and loan it to a buddy who had a problem with his suspension.

Hammock
    ENO JungleNest/WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Ember 2/EE Convert
    Suspension
    Orange Whoopies
    This is my winter dream tarp. Since I have one tieout coming from the bottom of one door on each side, I made the tieout long enough to stretch across and clip to the door on the other side when not in use. The green shock cord you see is just my panel pulls. Clipping the opposite end doors together allows them to just lay on top of the tarp. 14FF3F21-7F3D-44BC-8BE7-E1997AA886F2.jpg
    Tree Rhino
    YouTube Channel-------------Website
    Twitter------Instagram------Facebook
    not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien
    an optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I mostly follow Frozen's setup for my Superfly. Door are just mitten hooks with the clip cut off and shock cord. To close attach the hooks to the opposite guy line, to pull back you can either loop the cord around a panel pull or hook the door to the corresponding door on the other end of the tarp (either inside or outside).

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    I mostly follow Frozen's setup for my Superfly. Door are just mitten hooks with the clip cut off and shock cord. To close attach the hooks to the opposite guy line, to pull back you can either loop the cord around a panel pull or hook the door to the corresponding door on the other end of the tarp (either inside or outside).
    This is what I did. Works well.

2020-06-26_08-09-23_185 (2).jpg

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    EE/HG/UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunckelman View Post
    I followed these instructions:

adventurealan.com

It works very well for me!
    Yep, this is exactly what I do as well, and I had no idea there was a cool link for this with instructions! It works great. I clip my doors under the Superfly instead of on top. Be sure to carry a couple extra clips though, as one may break in the field and you will definitely want to do a field fix immediately.

Hammock
    Dutch Gear Hexon 1.7
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    DIY EB Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar
    I started with a length of shock cord to keep the doors closed. I tied the shock cord to the corner rings and used hooks on the other end. To close the doors I cross the shock cord to the opposite corner ring and hook it into place. It gives me a quick and easy way to open and close the doors.
    However, I noticed that I sometimes pitch my tarp wider than when I cut the shock cord so I over engineered a solution by adding micro whoopie slings made from mason line to the corner rings. For wide pitches, where I still want some protection from wind/rain blowing through the ends, I can hook to the micro whoopie slings and tighten as desired.
    As I said, over complicated but it gave me a reason to practice my splicing. I figure mason line was cheap enough to practice on and throw away the mistakes.
    A day camping in the rain is better than a good day at work,
    --Shaw.

tsshaw78 is too hard to say on the trail - Just call me Shaw.

Hammock
    Jacks R Better Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    Paladin
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This is great. I'm somewhat new and my doors are just flapping in the wind. I also have been staking both doors to the same stake by taking one piece of guyline and bringing it down and then up to the other door and then back down to the stake again. It always seems to get pulled out in the middle of the night by wind so I like the idea of clipping the doors to the other sides guyline.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tsshaw78 View Post
    I started with a length of shock cord to keep the doors closed. I tied the shock cord to the corner rings and used hooks on the other end. To close the doors I cross the shock cord to the opposite corner ring and hook it into place. It gives me a quick and easy way to open and close the doors.
    However, I noticed that I sometimes pitch my tarp wider than when I cut the shock cord so I over engineered a solution by adding micro whoopie slings made from mason line to the corner rings. For wide pitches, where I still want some protection from wind/rain blowing through the ends, I can hook to the micro whoopie slings and tighten as desired.
    As I said, over complicated but it gave me a reason to practice my splicing. I figure mason line was cheap enough to practice on and throw away the mistakes.
    Mine is very similar to this, using micro whoopies, shock cord and mitten hooks. (I subsequently cut the gates off the mitten hooks to make them easier to use; they have never come off unintentionally.)

I try to always aim for absolute simplicity and no hardware, but for me this is what provided necessary adjustability and ease of use.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast