HH Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    DD superlight
    Insulation
    Cumulus
    Suspension
    Dutchware spider
    Welcome Telefonkatalogen!

Have to agree with the sentiments - Norway, especially the west coast is amazing. I’m often in Norway for work (not nowadays obviously and people from Sweden are not too welcome right now...). Looking forward to getting there for some vacation, hiking etc.

By the way, did you buy your hammock and gear in Norway or import it? Not the idea of paying Norwegian prices is appealing in any way

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonkatalogen View Post
    Cheers Mr. Shug. Was that Google Translate, or do you speak the old tongue? Appreciate the videos, taught me the all the important bits I'm glad I knew before I went out. Please keep it up!
    I used Google translate. Always curious if it is even close.
    Was in Norway working on a cruise ship in 2009. It was FANTASTIC! Doing the fjords and up to North Cape. You live in a fantastic place.
    I would go ashore seeking out local sweet treats.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Welcome aboard Telefonkatalogen! HF is a great place to spend time learning, getting tips & fine tuning your hammock skills... and you're right, Shug's videos are informative & helpful.

In the summer of 1975, I traveled all over Europe with my backpack & spent a couple of days in Oslo. I really enjoyed touring the Vigeland Sculpture Park while I was there. One evening, I got back to the youth hostel so late, the doors had been locked & I had to crawl through a window that had been left open! After my short stay in Oslo, I traveled by train to Bergen & that was pretty incredible. While I was there, I took what was to be a day long fjord tour out of Bergen but got stranded in Flam. The boat got into Flam so late, I missed the last train back to Bergen & there wasn't another one scheduled until the next morning. I had to sleep at the boat dock/train station overnight so I could catch the first train back to Bergen & to the youth hostel where all my stuff was. It was a really cold night without a sleeping bag, not to mention the sun never really went down. Beautiful county, scenery & people... great memories.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing w/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Themasterpiece View Post
    Welcome Telefonkatalogen!

Have to agree with the sentiments - Norway, especially the west coast is amazing. I’m often in Norway for work (not nowadays obviously and people from Sweden are not too welcome right now...). Looking forward to getting there for some vacation, hiking etc.

By the way, did you buy your hammock and gear in Norway or import it? Not the idea of paying Norwegian prices is appealing in any way

Yeah, hopefully we'll be rid of this virus sooner rather than later and start visiting each other again. Hope things are fine with work Söta Bror!

I imported all of it. I've only been going out for a couple of years, but the selection available here back then was next to nothing. Got some import duties on top, but for a hobby as healthy as this I figured it was worth some extra coin.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12