Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

Official HANGCON 2021- FL- Sertoma Youth Ranch- January 15th-18th, 2021

2021 HANGCON - Official Event Posting
    Don't miss the 11th Annual HANGCON 2021

This is a Family-Friendly Event! It may be a little more COVID-basic this year, but it will be great none the less! Please note all the changes below for this gathering.

WHEN
    FRIDAY, JANUARY 15th - MONDAY, JANUARY 18th. The official first day is Friday the 15th, but anyone wanting to come early may come on Thursday the 14th, just be prepared to be recruited to help with setup. If you want to start earlier than that, please stay at another nearby location and come to Sertoma on Thursday.

WHERE
    Sertoma Youth Ranch
    85 Myers Rd, Brooksville, FL 34602
    https://sertomayouthranch.org/

We reserved all half of the campground as well as the primitive camping area and have the pavilion for the 16th, so plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, DIY classes, music and, as always, eating.
    CAMPGROUND MAP https://sertomayouthranch.org/park-map/

WHO'S COMING? - Please click the link below to register:
    HANGCON 2021 REGISTRATION

EVENT DETAILS

Meals
    Meals this year will be COVID-19 conscious, therefore we request there be NO HOMEMADE FOODS to share. We really enjoy all the extra food folks bring to share. It is always so tasty, however this year we are leaning on the side of caution. Hopefully, we can return to our old ways in 2022.
    If you would like to help with food please consider making a donation (with our wholesale account we can really make your dollar go a long way vs super market prices) or volunteer to help serve a meal or help with clean up, which will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Meal volunteers will serve with tongs and/or gloves.
    Meals: While you are at Hangcon, we provide 2 meals at day: Breakfast and Dinner. You are on your own for Lunch, so plan accordingly. Please check our event schedule for time and be aware that those may change for various reasons, so be flexible. Once the food is gone…its gone

Precautions
    Please bring your own hand sanitizer and observe all COVID-19 recommendations. If you have a fever, showing COVID symptoms, have been exposed to someone who is sick, or a family member is sick, please do not come to the event. We are asking you to take your temperature before heading to the gathering. The last thing we want is for anyone to get sick.
    We are asking for each group campsite to be cautious. We encourage attendees to wear a mask if you are planning on being in close quarters with a fellow hanger (showing your gear, sharing a ride, etc.). Also, please be respectful of other’s choices to wear a mask or not to because of health conditions.
    As time get closer to Hangcon, we will potentially need to make other adjustments or accommodations due to COVID-19. We ask that you offer us grace and flexibility as we make those decisions. We want everyone to enjoy this event as much as possible and to stay well in the process.

Cell Phone Coverage
    Cellphone coverage at the campground it pretty good. I have never had any trouble getting a call out or sending a text. It might not be super great at streaming a movie, but it will be just fine for most folks.

Free Camping...mostly
    Most of the camping at the campground is free, but none of the free sites have electricity. If you need electricity on your campsite, there are some RV sites that can be rented through the campground that are $25-$30 per night (you are responsible for those fees and reserving those specific sites). There is electricity at our pavilion where we usually have a phone charging station for charging phones and other electronics. If you do not rent an RV site please do not plug into those power sources because we do get charged if someone does.

Kids/Pets
    Sertoma is a kid and pet-friendly campground, however all dogs must always be leashed or penned. No exception. You may use your own discretion with your children.

Firewood
    Although we encourage everyone to gather around our main fire pit at the center of Hangcon, there are fire pits spread over the camping area. We will have a large (hopefully very large) pile of fire wood for the main fire and only the main fire. That is Floridahanger’s pile and only our Resident Fire Master may use it. On the flip side, “Red”, the camp host, will have plenty of firewood to sell at the campground and will gladly bring it to your site.

DO NOT…I REPEAT…DO NOT BRING FIREWOOD FROM OUT OF STATE

Water
    There are numerous places around camp to get potable water.

Bathrooms/Showers
    Sertoma has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water at the center of camp. They also have both men’s and women’s showers. Please, don’t forget to bring a towel and be courteous with both the facilities and the hot water.

Check-in/Parking
    Check-in as soon as you arrive at Sertoma, even before you set up. There will be signs directing you to the Check-In location. There you can be registered and made official. We will also go over any new event info or rules we need folks to know. From there you may go park and set up.
    There will be designated areas just past the pavilion to park. Please be aware that there will be a lot of people using the parking areas, so be courteous with you parking job. We DO NOT allow vehicles in the primitive camping area. You may TEMPORARILY park at the primitive entrance on the side of the road to unload gear to take to your site. Afterwards we ask that you move your vehicle to the regular parking area as to not clog up the road.

Alcohol
    I preface this by mentioning that we are foremost a family-friendly event. The responsible use of alcohol is permitted within the campground for those over the age of 21. Drink accordingly and responsibly. Any other illegal substances are not allowed at this event.

Vendor Sales
    Vendors are such a huge part of Hangcon and help make it awesome. In the past, Hangcon has seen some debut items from some vendors. The Dutchware Chameleon was introduced right here at Hangcon. There will be vendors galore both with gear to sell and some that are just here to hangout and enjoy our community. Please, take time throughout the event to show our vendors some love in both word and coin.
    If you would like to become a vendor at Hangcon, please email us through the website, send me a private message on HF, or message us on Facebook.

Cost:
    As always, there is no cost requirement for anyone to participate in HangCon. You do not have to pay to come be part of the community and have a good time with everyone. So please, do not let cost keep you home.
    That said, a group hang of this magnitude is not free. It is our hope to continue to keep attendance costs at zero for all participants and vendors. But based on past experiences, we expect expenses to run over $6000. Donations are accepted, encouraged even (really encouraged in fact! And greatly appreciated!!) - recommendation: $10 a day per person. Raffle ticket sales and donations help cover the expenses.
    All funds go to the hang. There are no paid staff and any unused funds are used to support Sertoma, help cover cost for Hangcon 2022, or are donated to the Fl. Trail Assn., Friends of Fl State Parks, and/or other similar outdoorsy, do-gooder organizations.

Raffle
    After Saturday’s dinner, we will hold a raffle. Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20! We are asking everyone to purchase some tickets per attendee to help pay for everything. Tickets go on sale Saturday afternoon.
    Raffle tickets can be pre-purchased directly through PayPal via Friends & Family: [email protected].
    Raffle tickets purchased in advance will be distributed Saturday afternoon. Please include your HF name as a note with your PayPal submission. We probably don't know your real name or your email address.
    Important: the PayPal note must clearly state how much you're allocating to raffle tickets and how much as a donation.

RAFFLE TICKET SPECIALS!!!
    This year we are offering a SUPER special deal on those who purchase Super Early and Early raffle tickets.
    Purchase your tickets before 11:59pm, October 31st 2020 and receive 7 tickets for $20
    Purchase tickets between November 1st and 11:59pm, December 31st and receive 6 tickets for $20
    You will really want to get in on this raffle. It will be large and awesome with tons of prizes big and small. So, lots of chances to win

Clean-up After Meals
    After each meal: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Leaving Your Campsite
    When leaving your area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up, again, let's leave the campground in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it to the main pavilion and leave it at the registration table.

Rules:
    I don't like rules either, but here's what's what to keep things flowing for ya’ll:

In keeping with the Hammock Forums community and our usual vibes, this is a family friendly event. And it's going to stay that way. Please govern yourself in a family friendly way. We ask all political and religious discussions be carried out at another location at another time. I am sure we all need a break from the politics. Just assume everyone disagrees with you 😊.
    This is a hammocking event. We allow tents as a courtesy (and because we’re gonna try to convert them). Pop-up campers, travel trailers, RVs, motor homes, etc. just aren't part of the picture. If there is a special circumstance where you must have one of these please contact us and we will make a call on a per case basis. You will also need to contact Sertoma and reserve an RV site at cost.
    Tents may be set up in both the main camping areas and primitive areas where potential hanging spots are not available. Exception: if you need a tent for an infant or an older family member and you are primarily hammock campers then a single tent may be pitched with your setup. If a tent is setup in a location that impedes a hammock from setting up, you will be asked to move the tent.

Updates
    Please stay tuned for updates: including special guest, vendor announcements, class offerings, etc. Information can be found on our website www.hangcon.com, on the Official Hangcon Thread, and on our Facebook Page.

LET’S GET THIS THING STARTED!! Get those bins out and start staging your gear! How will you know what you want for Christmas if you haven't spread all your gear out in the living room!?

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Ok I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Bomber21

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Woo Hoo! Come on 2021 I'm ready for a reboot.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound352 View Post
    Woo Hoo! Come on 2021 I'm ready for a reboot.
    ...and all God's children said AMEN!

Hammock
    Multiple
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    I’m so there. I can also help out since I live 30min away.

Plus, I can get rid of the squirrels like last year.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Hopin for some chilly weather that weekend. Can’t wait

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    So ready for a huge get together.
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I haven't been out since the Sherpa Hang just after HangCon 2020. I missed my own Spring Fling in March, didn't plan the No UQ Hang in July nor Summers Last Gasp in September. Hopefully things will be clear enough for me in January for HangCon 2021.

I plan on being there with my usual hanging gear + kitchen gear and fire gear. Can't wait.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Just went to check out the HangCon.com website. Very good job.
    And thanks, AJ, for adding me to part of the team. that was awesome.

Can't wait to serve.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Autumn Ultralight,Walhalla, SMr
    Tarp
    Walhalla, SMr
    Insulation
    SMR Inferno, Puffl
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I'll be there!

• + New Posts