Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    The only problem is, I still have another year of employment to get through....
    You're not in that boat alone!!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    One challenge is remembering that you don’t need to wait until the weekend to do stuff. It’s better if you plan your adventures for mid-week. You avoid some crowds and give the weekends to the folks who only have Sat/Sun off. No one told me about having to get up a few times a night. That’s no fun.

What did that birthday card by Learning Tree say … “If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    What did that birthday card by Learning Tree say … “If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."
    A big +1 on that good buddy. When I was younger, I said out loud many times, "No way I make it to 30". I worked hard at it too; punk band, parties, fights, motorcycles, substances, Army, broken this-and-that, torn this-and-that.

I have an appointment with my Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow to schedule a hip replacement, and to plan for future knee(s) and back fixer-upper.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    When I was little, I read that a broken bone heals stronger. So - being a little kid - I wondered why people didn’t systematically break their bones while growing up so by the time they were adults, they’d have these incredibly strong bones. Later, much later, on reflection, I understood that the bone would only be stronger at the break, not for the whole length of the bone. But I’m happy I had a physically demanding youth (up to about the age 40) because my body is doing just fine while other (younger) folk are having issues. I don’t know how to get it across to the “instant access” youth of today that if they suffer a little bit now (competitive sport intensity), it could pay long term dividends in the future. Something for them to think about while resting in their hammock; OHR (obligitory hammock reference).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526