Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    I would check used. Every now and then there are some deals on ebay but check on Facebook buy/sell groups especially Hammock Hangers Flea Market

Images
    Lot's of good choices mentioned already, I would probably be happy with many of them. I have always had great luck with the JRBs, the full length MW3, MW4 and most recently the Greylock 4 partial length, on both gathered end and bridge hammocks. Always have worked great for me. And they were always incredibly fast, very common to get the product 3 days after ordering. But that was before Covid-19, I don't know what their current status is on ship time.

Hammock
    ENO Jungle
    Tarp
    ENO pro Fly
    Insulation
    Therm-a-rest 3/4
    Suspension
    straps and whoopie
    Images
    I got started using my camping pad in the hammock because I already owned it. If you have a pad now or can borrow one to get you through October; I'd go for what you want on the underquilt.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incu+SLD TW+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    FWIW, your discussion here made me buy an SLD Trail Winder and I'm not even the OP.

Jared answered my email inquiries awesomely fast and accurately, including how to handle fast shipping to Canada. Going with the 20F full width personally based on my previous experiences with an old foam pad (was warm but definitely not wide enough). We're also just car camping so weight isn't much of a problem and the bit of extra 'bulk' won't be either. YMMV.

Currently using an "old" sleeping bag rigged up as a UQ but I didn't want to modify/cut it up since the kids actually still use it for camping Since I didn't modify it, there is quite a bit of room for drafts or just cold air to come in, so I stuffed an old blanket in between to fill the gaps. I guess I can get away with that, because all I do right now is sleep outside in the yard, so if it's too cold, I'll go get another blanket to stuff in there.

Now as I write this and glance towards my emails, I see this message from Jared: "I am just finishing up on your order. I will run it into town as soon as I get a chance.". I sent the first email yesterday and had all my answers by the evening and ordered. So @93EXCivic if you can't wait 11 weeks, a Trail Winder in a fabric/insulation choice that Jared has in stock look like a really great option to me.
    Last edited by arutha; 09-06-2020 at 13:48.

I see that "arutha" ordered the full width model of the TrailWinder. Are you other guys using the Asym version?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12